Could be subtle, a conversion.

Started by darthspud, June 27, 2015, 09:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darthspud

SO, my normal whiffs are mainly paint/colour scheme changes.
My next whif is something a bit different, got 4 Herc J prop sets and these are being grafted onto a very nasty old eastern european version of a Shackleton.

Will post pics of finished project and some wip's if I get a chance.
I expect it'll be a'modernised' Shackleton in other aspects too, weapons fit, colour scheme and elint kit too.
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

JasonW

Is it the Eastern Express copy of the trusty old Frog kit per chance?

Looking forward to seeing some pictures. I've got an Eastern Express Shackelton as well and with the new Airfix kit on the horizon the EE kit is definitely whif fodder.
It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.

- George Burns

darthspud

It's a chematic kit, picked it up last year at the Avon show for a few quid. Going to really go to town on it and detail the inside, bomb bay and anything else I can. Massive surface rivets to remove, flash on every part, and only vaguest locatingpins. Still all good fun.
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

PR19_Kit

It is the old FROG kit, as is every 1/72 Shackleton kit currently, even the Revell one.

The upcoming Airfix and Revell kits will be the first new Growlers for YEARS!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 28, 2015, 02:39:54 AM
It is the old FROG kit, as is every 1/72 Shackleton kit currently, even the Revell one.

The upcoming Airfix and Revell kits will be the first new Growlers for YEARS!  :thumbsup:

I don't think there has ever been another injection moulded kit of the Shackleton!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

darthspud

Lots of flash, poorly locating parts, lack of detail, warped fuselage (port half), brittle plastic, surface detail that would make a braille reader blush. looks like this will be fun.
:thumbsup: :banghead: :thumbsup: :cheers:

McColm

Building a twin engined turboprop version using the parts from a Heller Grumman E-2C.
Most of the parts fit without too much trouble. Those rivets are a pain, most of them sanded off a long the fuselage, keeping the ones on the twin tail and wings. Gone for a tail-sitter with crew access ladder in the nose wheel bay.
Used two Griffons on the Neptune twin boom and will use the other two on the Neptune AEW & C.
Look forward to your build.