Moments of Zen

Started by DogfighterZen, June 30, 2015, 12:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Strewth mate.  Sounds like a real near hit.
Did time seem to slow down?  I find that tends to happen in situations like that.  At least in the ones I can remember.

As you say, it's only a car,  but maybe change those tyres earlier next time.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Quote from: zenrat on April 04, 2021, 03:32:26 AM
Strewth mate.  Sounds like a real near hit.
Did time seem to slow down?  I find that tends to happen in situations like that.  At least in the ones I can remember.

As you say, it's only a car,  but maybe change those tyres earlier next time.

It was the worst car crash i've been in so far and could've easily been worse had i been driving faster and you are 100% correct because it's costing me much more than a pair of tyres. I've learned my lesson cause it could've cost me my life. :banghead:
Regarding the time slowing down sensation, i guess it happens when our self-preservation reflexes kick in as our brain speeds up the reaction process. I didn't think about what i did, i just did it. It happened a lot during my bmx life when, during a trick in a jump when something went wrong, i'd normally have time to shout swear words and kick or throw the bike away from me before hitting the ground running... or rolling... :rolleyes: ;D
Anyway, i've always been a careful driver and have been able to avoid serious crashes in quite a few situations caused by other drivers. I've never been a fan of imitating stunts on public roads with a car cause others might suffer from our mistakes and i've seen too many of those situations happen.  :banghead:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

Yes, I've experienced that 'time slowing down' business in the (quite...) numerous crashes I experienced while test driving. You seem to do things that are  logically correct a lot faster than you would do if you actually had time to think about it.

Maybe that's because you HAD thought it beforehand, in a 'What would I do if......?' sort of scenario.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 04, 2021, 05:47:04 AM
Yes, I've experienced that 'time slowing down' business in the (quite...) numerous crashes I experienced while test driving. You seem to do things that are  logically correct a lot faster than you would do if you actually had time to think about it.

Maybe that's because you HAD thought it beforehand, in a 'What would I do if......?' sort of scenario.

Yes, i agree that some situations may bring up a reaction you'd thought of beforehand but then there are the situations we've never pictured ourselves in, right? Every situation is different so i believe that at least some of us have a quicker reaction or instinctive response built into our brains, hence the fact that some activities are not for all or most people... although i also believe that training can help anyone build those instincts to react to dangerous situations.
Then there's also the fear factor and how you deal with it... I think it does have an influence on how you handle danger... For example, i've seen countless kids start their bmx life and of the 100%, only 10% kept doing it after their first hard crash so there might also be a bit of craziness involved... ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Welcome back, bruh!!!   Bummer about the kerfluffle but you didn't let it vanquish your spirit, so that's good! YeH.....  tires.... I just put a new set on my truck. I ran them down to where there was no tread left. None... they were slicks.  lmao  See,..... we like to live life on the edge......   ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on April 04, 2021, 11:35:10 AM
Welcome back, bruh!!!   Bummer about the kerfluffle but you didn't let it vanquish your spirit, so that's good! YeH.....  tires.... I just put a new set on my truck. I ran them down to where there was no tread left. None... they were slicks.  lmao  See,..... we like to live life on the edge......   ;D

Thanks, brotha!  :thumbsup:
I had to look up the meaning of kerfluffle... ;D but, yeah, it's how it goes, right? You fall down and you get back up. :thumbsup:
Living on the edge... all i can think of when i hear that is this...  :mellow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nqcL0mjMjw

DogfighterZen

And we finally have Frank Murphy in da house!! ;D :mellow:

TheChronicOne

Nice!!! Looks like he's about to have some fun, or already is!
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on April 06, 2021, 01:50:48 PM
Nice!!! Looks like he's about to have some fun, or already is!

;D Truth be told, on facebook i've already been told to lock him the bathroom instead of the BT's cockpit... :rolleyes: ;D ;D
Guess i should've taken the pic from a different angle...
Changing the subject, i'm now ready to begin work on the kit itself so seeing that i can put Frank in the pit after the fuselage has been closed and the pit is finished, i'm moving on to cleaning the fuse's halves so i can glue them together and see where it goes from there. :thumbsup:

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Nick

Ouch! Car crashes hurt in many ways, financially and physically. I've had a couple and each time things seemed to slow down. Oddly I'm not sure if I did a 180° or a 540° spin before I hit a tree backwards about 10 years ago.

Cars can be fixed or replaced, we can't. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1njIckENbRA

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Nick on April 07, 2021, 11:04:45 AM
Ouch! Car crashes hurt in many ways, financially and physically. I've had a couple and each time things seemed to slow down. Oddly I'm not sure if I did a 180° or a 540° spin before I hit a tree backwards about 10 years ago.

Cars can be fixed or replaced, we can't. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1njIckENbRA

:o I'm the one saying ouch to your story. I like spinning on my bmx bike, not in my car so i'm sure that no matter how many degrees you've spun, hitting a tree was no fun at all... I was extremely lucky and didn't get hurt at all in this crash but it could've been very bad if the car had gone down the ditch, it would've rolled upside down for sure.
But like you said, cars can be fixed or replaced so, if it had started to slip down, i was ready to jump out of it. Glad i didn't have to or else it would've been very hard to get a replacement with how my monetary situation was/is at the moment.
But it's all past now, another lesson learned and life moves on.  :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

Ok, finally finished Frank this weekend...

After that, i already cleaned up the mold lines on a bunch of parts and got the gearbox/transmission housing assembled and painted along with the main rotor center section so, i'm finally getting the Blue thunder kit built. :mellow:
Still, i seem to be getting quite a few comments on Facebook regarding the J.A.F.O. and i'm starting to think that all the BT fans won't forgive me if i don't include him on this build, seeing that i have Frank all alone in the cockpit... Looks like there's another sculpted figure in my near future...  Just for completion's sake, you know... :rolleyes:

Also managed to do another PSR round on the F-16W's exhaust section but, like the first one, this will take a while to get done.

NARSES2

Frank's looking good  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.