Moments of Zen

Started by DogfighterZen, June 30, 2015, 12:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Great photo, now you know you have to build THAT aircraft  ;D  Someone's bound to come out with a transfer sheet for it.

Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 31, 2024, 01:01:44 AMMaybe another piston engine fighter... one of the lesser known beasts... quite a few to choose from like the Blackburn Firebrand, XP-40Q, XP-47H, XF8B and more...

Certainly some interesting types there. The XP-40Q is an elegant looking aeroplane, I built the Pegasus (I think it was anyway) kit a few years ago now. As for thr XP-47H I was only thinking about doing an operational version a week or so ago. I was going to (I may still do it) take the front end of the MPM kit and marry that to a Revell late war P-47D or M. Always liked the Firebrand and the XF8B is an interesting machine.

You may have gathered I have a soft spot for these late War piston engine developments that were never given a chance because of the advent of the jet engine  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 31, 2024, 05:05:18 AM...and struck a dumb pose...D

You cannot view this attachment.

I think it's universal.  I did it in the rear seat of the F-4 cockpit trainer they had at NMUSAF
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kerick

I think the thumbs up is actually an international requirement. Great day!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

I SHOULD have done it sitting in the cockpit of XH131.

But I'd been there a couple of times before. many years before too.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 31, 2024, 05:28:21 AMGlad you got to meet your Dream Plane in person, Rui! :thumbsup:

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 31, 2024, 05:28:58 AMGreat photo, now you know you have to build THAT aircraft  ;D  Someone's bound to come out with a transfer sheet for it.

Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 31, 2024, 01:01:44 AMMaybe another piston engine fighter... one of the lesser known beasts... quite a few to choose from like the Blackburn Firebrand, XP-40Q, XP-47H, XF8B and more...

Certainly some interesting types there. The XP-40Q is an elegant looking aeroplane, I built the Pegasus (I think it was anyway) kit a few years ago now. As for thr XP-47H I was only thinking about doing an operational version a weeek or so ago. I was going to (I may still do it) take the front end of the MPM kit and marry that to a Revell late war P-47D or M. Always liked the Firebrand and the XF8B is an interesting machine.

You may have gathered I have a soft spot for these late War piston engine developments that were never given a chance because of the advent of the jet engine  ;D

I've the new tool Kinetic 1/48 F-16AM kit and when i bought it was thinking of using the 20 years 201st "Falcões" tail art decal sheet on it but since this was "The One!", yes, i've been waiting for any decal brand to make them. :mellow:

The "super props" are a fascinating bunch and i too have a soft spot for these types.  :thumbsup:
The Revell Jug is a nice kit for that but i'm gonna do that same conversion with the MPM and Italeri P-47N kits.

Quote from: scooter on August 31, 2024, 06:12:31 AMI think it's universal.  I did it in the rear seat of the F-4 cockpit trainer they had at NMUSAF

Quote from: kerick on August 31, 2024, 06:21:37 AMI think the thumbs up is actually an international requirement. Great day!

;D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 31, 2024, 07:53:31 AMI SHOULD have done it sitting in the cockpit of XH131.

The smiles on those pics speak for themselves... :mellow:  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 31, 2024, 11:38:05 AMThe "super props" are a fascinating bunch and i too have a soft spot for these types.  :thumbsup:

"Super props" ? I may well borrow that terminology  ;)  ; Very descriptive, sums that generation up perfectly  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 01, 2024, 01:02:53 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 31, 2024, 11:38:05 AMThe "super props" are a fascinating bunch and i too have a soft spot for these types.  :thumbsup:

"Super props" ? I may well borrow that terminology  ;)  ; Very descriptive, sums that generation up perfectly  :thumbsup:

Not my idea, i got it from the youtube channel Greg's Airplanes and Automobiles. Greg has been doing a very good series on the prop planes that had so much potential but never got the chance to prove themselves in real combat and he calls them super props. I also think the name suits them perfectly. :mellow:
Below is the link to the "Super prop" video playlist with the 8 he's done so far.
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD2EcpzcvT-tslH2RENpaGt6mO3okHwD5&si=4x0iZX8gwC__RDdO
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

DogfighterZen