Moments of Zen

Started by DogfighterZen, June 30, 2015, 12:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 18, 2024, 06:08:52 AMIt's almost certainly to do with sales and marketing. I provided a lot of data to and worked with marketing people and some live on/in a world of their own  :angel:

I believe you. I also know a few people who work in that area and they do seem to have a different perception of reality... ;D

Well, in the end, a missing pair of pylons is a minor issue, although annoying... anyway, gonna read up on the Draken to get to know a bit more about it. :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Pellson

Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 18, 2024, 08:41:04 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on February 18, 2024, 06:08:52 AMIt's almost certainly to do with sales and marketing. I provided a lot of data to and worked with marketing people and some live on/in a world of their own  :angel:

I believe you. I also know a few people who work in that area and they do seem to have a different perception of reality... ;D

Well, in the end, a missing pair of pylons is a minor issue, although annoying... anyway, gonna read up on the Draken to get to know a bit more about it. :mellow:

If I can be of any help, just let me know. I think I have most of the info you could ask for.  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Pellson on February 18, 2024, 11:10:32 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 18, 2024, 08:41:04 AM

If I can be of any help, just let me know. I think I have most of the info you could ask for.  ;)

Thank you, my friend! That's very much appreciated!
But i have to admit that i'm finding it difficult to choose what to build... most of the stuff i had in mind would benefit from some aftermarket for the cockpit that i haven't bought yet so, i'm weighing my options to choose one that i won't mind building OOB.
After lunch i started opening boxes and digging out kits that would fit in this category.. Then i look at the kits and remember that i wanted to buy something for it and end up just putting it back in the box...
I know, i'm a mess...
This may very well be because i've been dealing with the fact that my better half had a miscarriage again just over a week ago... for the 3rd time in a row... we were beginning to believe that everything was going well, with all the treatments, injections and pills...
The bench time was helping to not think about it too much but then, the compressor issue... now i've been trying to keep myself busy without leaving the house but nothing i do is enough to keep me from going into the dark places in my head so, i'm in a bit of a struggle and it's been hard to keep it together...
It messed with our heads much more than it did in the previous attempts but, i have to stay strong and be there for my lady.
I guess things will get better with time...
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Pellson

Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 18, 2024, 12:58:11 PMThis may very well be because i've been dealing with the fact that my better half had a miscarriage again just over a week ago... for the 3rd time in a row...

I am profoundly sorry to learn of this. However, a close relative experienced five miscarriages, one in the 2nd trimester, before finally having two fine kids. So let things take the time they will, allow yourselves to grief the loss, and eventually, I'm sure you'll succeed. With the Draken too..  ;)

For now - take care of yourself and your wife.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

DogfighterZen

I will, no matter what happens. Thank you for the words from me and Patricia.
Although it's hard, i know that i won't do any good if i keep thinking about it and the truth is that, at this moment, there's nothing anyone can do to make it go away faster so, like you said, we have to let time heal the wounds and clear our minds.

On a more positive note, i think i've found a kit that may be the right one for me right now.
Lee (The Wooksta) offered me a kit sometime ago, the AZ 1/72 Spiteful, along with a vac-formed kit, 3 other resin fuselages with corresponding pairs of wings and various resin bits and i've had the box beside the bench since it was delivered. I though about several kits in the past couple of days but in my current mindset, i don't want something complicated.
I really like the Spiteful's look and from all the boxes i dug up today, this is the only one really getting me interested as it looks simple enough for me to tackle right now so, let's see how this goes...

NARSES2

Really sorry to hear news of the miscarriage my friend. I truly hope you and your other halves luck changes for the better.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Desperately sorry to hear about this loss, my friend! Truly sad news!

My deepest sympathy to you & your wife.

Different circumstances but my wife had a miscarriage in the 14th week of her second pregnancy. We already had one healthy child & we had a second not too long afterwards but it was, still, a truly harrowing experience.

Take the time to grieve, it's important.

Leading into the next one, you both need to stay relaxed & accept that there is, unfortunately, a high chance of another miscarriage but don't stress about little glitches, because they generally raise your anxiety levels for no good reason (which is not good for the baby).
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

Thanks, guys. Your words help, you can be sure. PatrĂ­cia says thank you all for the support.
She also says that i'm fortunate to have such a good group of friends. Although we're miles and oceans apart and never met in person, i know it's true and i am very grateful. :cheers:

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 19, 2024, 06:34:32 AMDifferent circumstances but my wife had a miscarriage in the 14th week of her second pregnancy. We already had one healthy child & we had a second not too long afterwards but it was, still, a truly harrowing experience.

PatrĂ­cia was on her 7th week this time and it happened sooner than with the other 2... I guess that, in a way, we were lucky none of them went very far cause i know it would've been even more painful.
My biggest concern is always my wife's health, both physical and mental and if it happened later, i believe it would've been much harder for her this time. I can't let her blame herself for it so, i have to stay strong to be there for her when she needs me.

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 19, 2024, 06:34:32 AMTake the time to grieve, it's important.

Leading into the next one, you both need to stay relaxed & accept that there is, unfortunately, a high chance of another miscarriage but don't stress about little glitches, because they generally raise your anxiety levels for no good reason (which is not good for the baby).

All things considered, i believe we're actually dealing with it surprisingly well. We have our moments of darkness but so far, we've managed to keep it together.
Regarding a next one, that's something we're not even thinking about at the moment and we're gonna wait till we're both in a better mindset to talk about it and decide if we're gonna try again or not.
But yes, we do know that there's always a high chance of it happening again, especially due to our age so, we'll most certainly take it very easy if we try again.
Meanwhile, keeping our heads up and moving forward are the priorities.

kerick

My son and his wife lost two pregnancies before having the most beautiful granddaughter ever. It really messed with their heads. Truly grieving for a child they never met.
Not to try and throw something at you but have you considered adoption? Lot's of kids out there that need a real home.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

Quote from: kerick on February 19, 2024, 09:40:29 PMMy son and his wife lost two pregnancies before having the most beautiful granddaughter ever. It really messed with their heads. Truly grieving for a child they never met.
Not to try and throw something at you but have you considered adoption? Lot's of kids out there that need a real home.

I'm glad for your family, but also, sorry they also had to go through this...
For me and my missus, although we knew that the risk is higher because of our age, it's been painful and i believe that no one is really prepared to deal with the pain... yet, that's just how life is and we have to keep going.
Adoption is something we've spoken about but we still have to let time clear our minds right now and then we'll see what comes next.
The last 24 hours have been rough, she spent the night in the hospital but she's home now and feeling better and that's all that matters.

Old Wombat

Look after your wife, but, remember, you're no good to anyone if you collapse in a big screaming heap just when you're needed the most, so don't forget to look after yourself, too, mate!

NARSES2

Old Wombats absolutely right mate.  take care of yourself so you can look after the better half  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Sh1t mate, so sorry. 
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Thanks for the support, guys. My missus is feeling better today and so it seems that the worst is behind us now.
I have slept a bit more last night and drank less coffee today so i'm starting to feel the weight of the past couple of weeks and felling very tired but, i'm much more relaxed knowing she's recovering well.
Bob The dog has been keeping her safe and warm on the couch while i'm at work so, at least he's being pampered as he wishes and deserves...

So... changing the subject back to modelling affairs, some good news... my new air tank for the compressor arrived yesterday and today i got home and made the switch and now i have my painting setup working perfectly again.
This means that i'll be spraying a gloss coat on the G.91YP this weekend to seal the decals and maybe i can give it a panel line wash and some light weathering before a final clear coat and assembly. 

Old Wombat