Moments of Zen

Started by DogfighterZen, June 30, 2015, 12:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Congratulations to you & your wife! :thumbsup:

Marriage? It has its ups & its downs but, on balance, my experience has mostly been ups (Just don't tell SWMBO that! ;) ).
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Congratulations to the pair of you  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Glad you had a good time on Honeymoon, should be nice and relaxed for facing the families  ;)  ;D

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Congratulations mate.  May you have great happiness and peace in your shared life.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Thank you, gentlemen!  :cheers:
We didn't really need the "official" confirmation, we both joke about it saying we only did it to have the vacation days and fiscal benefits... ;D
I already had the ring and was working to create the occasion to propose but when she had the 3rd miscarriage, although she's a strong woman, i was afraid that it would affect her mental health and it was the only thing i could think of to keep her from dwelling on negative thoughts.
It worked and i'm glad i did it. We already had a late start at life as a couple in our late 30s so, why wait any longer? There's no doubt in what we have, it was just the legal aspect that really changed.
And we obviously have our good and bad days but all i can say is that we have a good thing going and respect is the top priority in the relationship. :mellow:
Regarding the families, i don't think anyone was offended by this, we got quite a fair amount of money as gifts when i wasn't expecting a single cent so, that was a nice surprise. Everyone has been supportive and happy about it so, no problems there.  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

The pair of you sound as though you've got exactly the right attitudes  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

And i can say that, having had the experience of a few very corrosive relationships in the past, i am a very lucky guy to have found a partner like Patricia.  :wub:
Just goes to show that it's never too late. :mellow:  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 27, 2024, 06:13:22 AMJust goes to show that it's never too late. :mellow:  :thumbsup:

Very true sir  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 27, 2024, 06:19:54 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 27, 2024, 06:13:22 AMJust goes to show that it's never too late. :mellow:  :thumbsup:

So, there's hope for you yet, Chris! ;D  ;D  ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

It never is. My lady friend is a year younger than me, and I'm 81.................  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 27, 2024, 07:44:04 AM

It never is. My lady friend is a year younger than me, and I'm 81.................  ;D

:mellow:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 27, 2024, 06:34:53 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 27, 2024, 06:19:54 AM

So, there's hope for you yet, Chris! ;D  ;D  ;)

My lawyer advises me to say nothing  :angel:

Pellson

My belated congratulations.

Not going to offer any tips or wisdoms - I'm on my third outing, and even if the current relationship is more than twenty years old these days, I'm not taking anything for granted, just being happy to find her by my side every morning.

Many good years to you!
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Rheged

Quote from: Pellson on June 02, 2024, 11:15:29 PMMy belated congratulations.

Not going to offer any tips or wisdoms - I'm on my third outing, and even if the current relationship is more than twenty years old these days, I'm not taking anything for granted, just being happy to find her by my side every morning.

Many good years to you!

May I add my congratulations too?    I completely  agree with Pellson, just enjoy each day as it comes.   Rheged  (37  and a 1/2  years married  and just about starting to understand  it!)
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Quote from: Rheged on June 03, 2024, 01:51:19 AM...Rheged  (37  and a 1/2  years married  and just about starting to understand  it!)

You'll never understand it.  If you think you do then you've probably got it wrong and even if you are not wrong they'll change the rules on you anyway.
Just go with the flow and enjoy the ride.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Congrats too, I had to re-read your post to see what everyone was on about, sorry.

I managed 34 yrs with the late Mrs_PR19 before she died, and they were pretty good. She reckoned it was actually only 3.4 years as I spent all my working life away from home and living in hotels, and THAT'S why it worked so well.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit