Moments of Zen

Started by DogfighterZen, June 30, 2015, 12:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Quote from: zenrat on June 03, 2024, 04:10:52 AM
Quote from: Rheged on June 03, 2024, 01:51:19 AM...Rheged  (37  and a 1/2  years married  and just about starting to understand  it!)

You'll never understand it.  If you think you do then you've probably got it wrong and even if you are not wrong they'll change the rules on you anyway.
Just go with the flow and enjoy the ride.

Got that right!!
Congratulations on making it official! It sounds like you have a good thing going!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

Sorry for the late reply but life's been very busy and i haven't been spending much time on the bench lately.
Thank you, guys!  :cheers:
Yeah, it's official and TBH, it was an easy decision cause i'm a very lucky guy.  <_<
I have no fear of the future with Patricia, we're both in the same mindset and have been since the beginning. Ups and downs are a part of everything in life and we're both in it for the full run, so all we want is to take it easy and be happy. :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on June 11, 2024, 09:58:23 PMI have no fear of the future with Patricia, we're both in the same mindset and have been since the beginning. Ups and downs are a part of everything in life and we're both in it for the full run, so all we want is to take it easy and be happy. :mellow:

What a wonderful attitude  :bow: With that you deserve all the success in the world  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 11, 2024, 11:51:51 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on June 11, 2024, 09:58:23 PMI have no fear of the future with Patricia, we're both in the same mindset and have been since the beginning. Ups and downs are a part of everything in life and we're both in it for the full run, so all we want is to take it easy and be happy. :mellow:

What a wonderful attitude  :bow: With that you deserve all the success in the world  :thumbsup:

Yep! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

DogfighterZen

Well, haven't done much modelling at all in the last couple of weeks since i received my new guitar...
Nothing special but it's more than enough for my guitar skills, it's a Harley Benton SC-550 II Black Cherry Flame - https://www.thomann.de/pt/harley_benton_sc_550_ii_bcf.htm
Been a while since i had an electric guitar, i only had an old semi-acoustic that'd been damaged a few years ago and it's not worth getting it fixed. I also have my Washburn XB-200 bass guitar to play and while i enjoy it, i was lacking a proper guitar so, since i got it, i've been getting back into singing and composing.
As soon as i began recording again, my laptop went stupid so i had to buy an SSD hard drive and another 8GB of RAM memory. This obviously meant a new windows installation and with the hardware upgrade came a new Digital Audio Workstation(DAW), a load of new and modern plug-ins for guitars, keys, the whole works.
Doesn't mean i'm selling the stash and quitting the modelling fun, no sir. I intend to keep on building and whiffing so, i'll be a bit more absent in the coming weeks or months but i'll be coming by regularly to see what's up and share whatever i'm doing at the moment.
Lots of new stuff to try and learn how to use now but it's all good fun. :mellow:

:cheers:

Pellson

No panic, mate. We'll be around and even happy to see/hear some music, should you occasionally document that hobby as well.  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Old Wombat

Quote from: Pellson on July 18, 2024, 04:00:35 PMNo panic, mate. We'll be around and even happy to see/hear some music, should you occasionally document that hobby as well.  ;)

Yep! :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 18, 2024, 10:42:53 PM
Quote from: Pellson on July 18, 2024, 04:00:35 PMNo panic, mate. We'll be around and even happy to see/hear some music, should you occasionally document that hobby as well.  ;)

Yep! :thumbsup:
Double yep!!  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Thanks for the support, gentlemen.  :cheers:
Music is something I've always loved since I was a sick kid at home and the record player and a portable cassete recorder were my toys. I spent days listening to my old man's record collection and also singing and recording so, it's been with me for around the same time as modelling has been so, doesn't matter if it's for a live gig with a band or just to have fun with my friends, music is something I love to do and will always be with me. :mellow:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

DogfighterZen

Ok, monthly update...

After finishing the OH-6 for the PoAF, it's Cobra time!  ;D :mellow:
Special hobby kit seems to be much better so i'm guessing it'll be a smoother build.

Besides that, i've taken the Kinetic F-16MLU kit out of the box again and fixed the issues i had on the nose section.
That build is now progressing towards a real world PoAF Viper.

So... with that said, i feel like starting another kit...  :rolleyes:
Maybe another piston engine fighter... one of the lesser known beasts... quite a few to choose from like the Blackburn Firebrand, XP-40Q, XP-47H, XF8B and more...
Or maybe something completely different like the Ace Combat ASF-X Shinden II...
Maybe i should start a poll so you guys can help with the decision...

DogfighterZen

Did i mention that recently i had the chance to sit in a real viper?
Went to see my parents and found the PoAF's doing an expo to celebrate the 30 years of the Viper's service and so, like a thrilled little kid, i got in line to see for myself how it feels like to be in that cockpit... my precious... the almighty Viper...  :bow:
Was so overwhelmed that simply forgot to ask for a picture but the young lady from the PoAF hosting the visitors said she'd be glad to do it so i gave her my phone and struck a dumb pose... :mellow:  ;D  ;D

You cannot view this attachment.

Tail art to commemorate the Viper's 3 decades of service with the PoAF's 201st "Falcões" and 301st "Jaguares"

Training missiles so i call them "Won't go get'em" sticks... ;D

The Viper is my favorite jet fighter above all else, even if it's not the best ever. I simply love the damn thing's design. I also like tomcats a lot, Hornets, Tigers and Phantoms besides the modern stealth fighters like the F-22,35 and so on but there's just something about the Viper... :wub:
There were also a few others, a G.91, a Chipmunk and an Alouette III but i'd already been around those so i focused on my precious Viper, which i was seeing up close and touching for the first time... Oh, happy day... ;D

Old Wombat

Glad you got to meet your Dream Plane in person, Rui! :thumbsup: