Moments of Zen

Started by DogfighterZen, June 30, 2015, 12:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Waiting like that is one of the worst things ever.... just sort of hanging in limbo. Hope that email hits right real soon!
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

I hope so, too..  :thumbsup:
Well, i did some masking on the Huey's clear parts last night but wasn't able to finish the job. I'll try to finish it today and move along with the rest of the build but there's also the possibility of turning to the F-16W for some more PSR work. And i still haven't chosen my next build... :rolleyes:  ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Old Wombat

Everybody's said everything, so I'll just add my "Good luck, mate!" :thumbsup: and leave it at that.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Your command of English is excellent.  Is that something to look at?  Translating between Portuguese and English?
Just a thought.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 17, 2020, 01:25:51 AM
Everybody's said everything, so I'll just add my "Good luck, mate!" :thumbsup: and leave it at that.

Thank you, Master Wombat! :thumbsup:
One very wise man once wrote: "Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing's gonna be alright." :mellow:

Quote from: zenrat on November 17, 2020, 01:42:24 AM
Your command of English is excellent.  Is that something to look at?  Translating between Portuguese and English?
Just a thought.

Thanks, mate. I have done a few translation jobs for a friend of mine who has a video recording business, he's a freelancer in the area and sometimes hooks me up with a few jobs but it's just an extra income source and i don't think i could make a living off of it.
I am looking into getting a certificate to drive forklifts or stackers. Might also look into something regarding agricultural vehicles and other machines. Those are capabilities that are on high demand in my area so it's worth a shot.

Modelling... got some work one on the Huey, masked the windshield/roof/doors clear part and glue it on. Fit is not bad but i have a small step to deal with on the top area. Also started work on the ordnance and this one will be loaded as a Miniehog with two M134 miniguns and two M200 19 shot rocket pods.

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

DogfighterZen

Well, i guess that Madame Rheged's prayer has worked cause i have found a job!  :party:
Starting out next Monday as stacker/forklift driver and warehouse maintenance guy in a sweet potato farm in the area. I don't think i'll have much difficulty adapting but it will be a new job after so many years ding nothing but gardening... Still, it's not rocket science so i'm sure i can learn whatever i have to learn to be good at it, i just have to keep my eyes open, ears listening and my mind working. :mellow:

Again, thank you all for the support, it's much appreciated by me and mylady!  :bow: :bow: :cheers:

Regarding models, lately i've been looking for a few of my holy grail helicopter kits and have been successful in the quest as i've bought pretty much all of my favorites and recently managed to score my second 1/48 RAH-66 Comanche and even more important, a second Monogram 1/32 Blue Thunder!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
At the moment, i'm waiting for the Blue Thunder and a Revellogram 1/48 Apache Longbow and i have promised myself it's the last kit for at least 6 months... I know... the the denial loop of addiction...  :angel: But i have to stop! I've got way too many kits in the stash and at this rate, i won't be able to finish half of them before i'm 100... :banghead:
I have to get my build count per year up a bit more or else, all the money invested in so many kits is just unjustified so, in order to force an increase of the production rate, i've finished construction of the Hobbyboss Huey so, today i'll try to get it painted and gloss coated.
Would be cool to finish it this weekend and get another one on the bench... maybe an OH-6...  :mellow:

PR19_Kit

NICE one DZ!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I can just see you zapping around on your forklift, and wondering about camo scheme you're going to repaint it.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 21, 2020, 04:15:09 AM
NICE one DZ!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I can just see you zapping around on your forklift, and wondering about camo scheme you're going to repaint it.  ;D

Thank you, kit!  :thumbsup: It seems like they have bought new ones recently so i may have to wait sometime for some weathering to justify a repaint but one would look brutal in SEA camo... ;D

PR19_Kit

Does anyone do a kit of a forklift?  ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 21, 2020, 05:02:34 AM

They do.   https://www.newmodellersshop.co.uk/knightwing/kwb57_fork_lift_truck.htm  00 gauge

Family Rheged are delighted to hear that you are now employed once more, Zen.   You can't keep a good man down!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

That's fantastic news DZ, so glad for you and your lady  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 21, 2020, 05:27:29 AM

+1 :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Rheged on November 21, 2020, 05:11:03 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 21, 2020, 05:02:34 AM

They do.   https://www.newmodellersshop.co.uk/knightwing/kwb57_fork_lift_truck.htm  00 gauge

Family Rheged are delighted to hear that you are now employed once more, Zen.   You can't keep a good man down!!

Thank you, mate! And say thank you to your lady for me. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Oh, and Aoshima do a sweet 1/32 Toyota forklift... if i did that, i'd also feel obligated to do the Massey-Ferguson 135 i drove for the 8 years i worked at the estate. I should add that it was the fact that i was at home for breaking my wrist while driving that tractor that made me get back into modelling so, i should do it just for that reason alone but there are only die-cast miniatures of it, no plastic kits.  :-\

Thank you, Chris!  :thumbsup: It sure lightened the path for us, at least for the near future.

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 21, 2020, 06:37:25 AM

+1 :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

So, i'm now at the bench and i still have a small psr task to do before i get some paint sprayed. The pre-drilled holes in the nose for the two rod antennas that are seen on some Huey variants had to be filled and i did it with sprue glue, which sank and under careful inspection under a good light, it could still be seen so i refilled it and now it should be dry enough for some sanding and rivet rescribing. This may send my "finish it this weekend" plan down the drain... :banghead:

TheChronicOne

Far out! I used to drive a forklift down the city streets puffing on reefers. (There for about a week I had to move product from the main building to another one 4 blocks away) This was many moons ago. One time OSHA showed up and I was riding around on the thing with NO SEAT. The seat was messed up so I took it off to have it reupholstered and ... well... didn't have any option but to drive it with no seat/seat belts. Sitting on the safety switch was uncomfortable.  I hopped off real quick when OSHA showed up. We broke so many rules. lmao 
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 21, 2020, 11:21:38 AM
Far out! I used to drive a forklift down the city streets puffing on reefers. (There for about a week I had to move product from the main building to another one 4 blocks away) This was many moons ago. One time OSHA showed up and I was riding around on the thing with NO SEAT. The seat was messed up so I took it off to have it reupholstered and ... well... didn't have any option but to drive it with no seat/seat belts. Sitting on the safety switch was uncomfortable.  I hopped off real quick when OSHA showed up. We broke so many rules. lmao

No seat??? That's nuts!  ;D ;D
It's cool little thing to drive and operate but there are plenty of dangers, especially under 3/4 box pallets with 390 kg each over your head... :rolleyes:
Man, these past two weeks have been interesting, to say the least... It's been a learning curve and it's on the busiest season of the year for this industry so, i have to keep up with guys that have been doing it for years... i do try to keep up but i'm still much slower than the other two kids that works and the youngest has been doing it for 3 years now so, i'll just take my time to prevent accidents.

Modelling related news, i've finished painting the Hobbyboss Huey and it's on to clear, decals, etc. Also, my second Blue Thunder kit has been delivered and it's going straight to the bench. I've been wanting to build one for so long and now that i have a second kit, i'll leave one for a later date and maybe better skills and get one done ASAP!  :mellow: