Moments of Zen

Started by DogfighterZen, June 30, 2015, 12:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on January 26, 2021, 01:14:09 AM

It's something I've done in 1/72 so why not try it on a bigger scale? I know that it's going to need a lot more work to make something acceptable but there's nothing better than trying to know if you can make it, right?

Absolutely  :thumbsup:

54mm is the classic size for both "toy" soldiers and "model" soldiers, although you could get into some fair old discussion as to where you measure to/from ? Doesn't really matter as people are different heights anyway, but foot to eye level tends to be seen as where to take most figures sizes from nowadays regardless of their scale.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 26, 2021, 05:56:29 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on January 26, 2021, 01:14:09 AM

It's something I've done in 1/72 so why not try it on a bigger scale? I know that it's going to need a lot more work to make something acceptable but there's nothing better than trying to know if you can make it, right?

Absolutely  :thumbsup:

54mm is the classic size for both "toy" soldiers and "model" soldiers, although you could get into some fair old discussion as to where you measure to/from ? Doesn't really matter as people are different heights anyway, but foot to eye level tends to be seen as where to take most figures sizes from nowadays regardless of their scale.

:thumbsup:
I won't get into that discussion, as long as it looks in scale with the chopper, it's good enough for me. I did look up figure scales and their sizes and ended up making this one around the 52/53mm because Frank Murphy was around 5'4 and Richard Lymangood was around 6' so, he will be 54mm...  :rolleyes: ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

DogfighterZen

Well, i have to make a correction to Frank Murphy/Roy Scheider's height, he was 5'9" or 1,75m and Lymangood/Daniel Stern is a tower at 1,93m or 6'4"...  :o This won't change anything for me as the figure i'm working on is still in skeleton phase so it's still easy to adjust as needed.
Also, the movie is from 1983, not 84 as i said but as the movie is representing a near future, the pc could still be the 1512. :rolleyes: ;D

Didn't work on any of the current builds today... started a new one instead, a Griffang...  ;D

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 18, 2021, 03:19:30 AM
It may even be a Commodore 1512 of course.  ;D

Looks more like a Commodore PET's monitor (1977, for the 2001 model)

Always enjoyed the yarn that was Blue Thunder (the movie, not the show so much)
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

We had two Commodore PCs that looked like the Pet monitor, but sat on two 5.25" floppy drives, and I thought it was called a '1512' which is why I called that in my original post.

But I can't find any pics that looked like the ones we had anywhere. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: scooter on January 31, 2021, 10:20:55 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 18, 2021, 03:19:30 AM
It may even be a Commodore 1512 of course.  ;D

Looks more like a Commodore PET's monitor (1977, for the 2001 model)

Always enjoyed the yarn that was Blue Thunder (the movie, not the show so much)

The keyboard with the tape deck reminds me of my ZX Spectrum 128k+2A, so many hours spent on that one... :rolleyes:

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on January 31, 2021, 09:53:51 AM
Griffang! Neat!  :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Well, been working on the Frank Murphy figure and that's it. Got the skeleton together so, it's time for the hands and feet.

DogfighterZen

Well, well... seems like i havea couple of days at home due to getting the covid test. I'll have to wait for the result and permission to go back to work so i have today and tomorrow... if my test comes out negative, that is. I'm not too worried cause the only person i believe that could have transmitted the virus has already been tested and came out negative. Still, i do work at a place with over 50 employees and i use the same installations(WC, canteen) as they do and as i'm also responsible for maintenance on the machines and everything else mechanical/electrical, i sometimes have to be around a lot of workers inside the warehouse in the processing areas so, it's not impossible i got it from someone else.
I still feel sick, although a bit better than last week but the headaches and sore throat just wont go away... :banghead:

Being sick is the reason why i haven't touched any models during the past week and haven't made any progress on the Frank Murphy figure for the Blue Thunder build.
I still have to adjust arm and leg length to add the hands and feet, when i get that done, i'll move on to details.

TheChronicOne

Best of luck on that. I know missing work and losing income is NOT welcome right now. Last year when I had Covid it totally wrecked all motivation to do anything... totally wiped me out and I was miserable for 3 weeks. I stopped communicating with people and everything else and eventually wound up just laying around all day when I wasn't at work and work became miserable. I think the point I'm getting at here is that I didn't have any headaches or sore throat so with that knowledge I'm hoping you just have some seasonal thing BUT... that said, the symptoms and who have them and who don't are wide and varied so....  my experience might not mean a damn thing. This stupid thing has manifested in so many different ways.....

OH, and ...... GRIFFANG. Sweet!!!!  I was having a bit of trouble imagining what you were on about but now that I can see it..... wow... I think it's going to turn out BADASS.
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Thanks, Brad.  :thumbsup: I'm not too worried about the income part as these days are all justified and the people who have to miss work because of this will be assured by the government and the couple of days i've missed were put in as vacation days and i only loose a small amount of each day. I've worked most of the past week, only missed a day and a half the first week and came home again last Friday at noon cause i just wasn't able to work properly due to the headache and overall miserable condition i was in. It was the worst i've felt since i began feeling sick almost two weeks ago.
Not the worst i've ever been but still, it sucks anyway.
I've heard of people who didn't even have any symptoms and were positive, people with hear aches, others with urinary infection symptoms and complete lack of energy... some had the most common symptoms of a dry cough, headaches, loss of taste and smell... i don't know, i just hope i don't have it but i'll soon find out. :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Just remember that 90% or more of the COVID-19 symptoms are identical to the common cold & influenza, & there's a much better than even chance that you actually have one of those.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

:thumbsup:   Someone call a bookie! I want to place $50 on negative.  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 08, 2021, 05:48:25 PM
Just remember that 90% or more of the COVID-19 symptoms are identical to the common cold & influenza, & there's a much better than even chance that you actually have one of those.

That's what i'm hoping for but he fact is that i've never had such headaches when i had the flu and that used to happen a lot when i was a gardener. Still, the headaches can be cause by several things so, it doesn't necessarily mean that i have Covid so, i'm thinking this is a normal cold and nothing more. :thumbsup:

Quote from: TheChronicOne on February 08, 2021, 05:58:28 PM
:thumbsup:   Someone call a bookie! I want to place $50 on negative.  :wacko:

I'll raise you 50 on that!  ;D ;D ;D

TheChronicOne

I was about to begin a train of thought wondering about the legality of betting on another individuals health........... when I realized that insurance companies do exactly that. Muuaahhaaaha  ;D  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Quote from: TheChronicOne on February 08, 2021, 06:26:11 PM
I was about to begin a train of thought wondering about the legality of betting on another individuals health........... when I realized that insurance companies do exactly that. Muuaahhaaaha  ;D  :wacko:

Yup and pay actuaries extremely high salaries to calculate the odds   :rolleyes:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.