Moments of Zen

Started by DogfighterZen, June 30, 2015, 12:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank2056

Quote from: DogfighterZen on October 10, 2021, 04:12:01 AM
My doc says i shouldn't be alarmed and stress about it but as i've recently turned 42, it's time to start paying more attention to these matters... and indeed, there's no point in worrying about the stuff i can't control so, it's a matter of focusing on what makes me feel good.

The worst part of a colononoscopy - by far - is the prep you have to take the day before. Different doctors have different concoctions; I found the over the counter options to be awful. One time the doc prescribed some giant pills that got the job done simply and quickly.  It's never any fun, though. The colonoscopy itself wasn't a big deal, since they put me under for the duration. I woke up afterwards and my wife took me to In N' Out Burgers... which reminds me, schedule yours earlier in the day, just to get it over with and so you can get some food early in the day and not in the evening.

kerick

In n' Out Burgers?
Your wife has a twisted sense of humor!

Magnesium citrate is the most disgusting thing on this planet. I cringe thinking about it.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Pellson

Quote from: kerick on October 11, 2021, 11:53:02 PM
In n' Out Burgers?
Your wife has a twisted sense of humor!

Magnesium citrate is the most disgusting thing on this planet. I cringe thinking about it.

Great wife! Stick to her like glue!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

zenrat

Mrs z has two yearly colonoscopies.  She reckons it is the best sleep she gets but doesn't like the prep.
When I collect her I make sure the glove box is full of chocolate.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on October 12, 2021, 03:18:46 AM

I think she's got you down as a "Keeper" mate  ;) :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: frank2056 on October 11, 2021, 07:35:11 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on October 10, 2021, 04:12:01 AM
My doc says i shouldn't be alarmed and stress about it but as i've recently turned 42, it's time to start paying more attention to these matters... and indeed, there's no point in worrying about the stuff i can't control so, it's a matter of focusing on what makes me feel good.

The worst part of a colononoscopy - by far - is the prep you have to take the day before. Different doctors have different concoctions; I found the over the counter options to be awful. One time the doc prescribed some giant pills that got the job done simply and quickly.  It's never any fun, though. The colonoscopy itself wasn't a big deal, since they put me under for the duration. I woke up afterwards and my wife took me to In N' Out Burgers... which reminds me, schedule yours earlier in the day, just to get it over with and so you can get some food early in the day and not in the evening.

Thanks for the heads up, Frank.  :thumbsup:
My dad also told me about the details... definitely something i'm not looking forward to experience but hey, it has to be done and i wanna get it done asap.
I will be limited in choice of when it's done because i'm not allowed to choose, the folks at the lab will be responsible for the scheduling so i'm afraid i have little to no option in that matter. :banghead:

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 12, 2021, 06:04:44 AM
Quote from: zenrat on October 12, 2021, 03:18:46 AM

I think she's got you down as a "Keeper" mate  ;) :thumbsup:

She definitely should, that's the mark of a man who knows how to take care of his lady. ;) :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Has anyone tried the whole poo-poo-in-a-box thing? Depending on the results and other factors a colonoscopy could be a reality anyway but curious if anyone has gone that route... I see the commercials for it all the time. Cologuard or whatever...   
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 12, 2021, 04:22:27 PM
Has anyone tried the whole poo-poo-in-a-box thing? Depending on the results and other factors a colonoscopy could be a reality anyway but curious if anyone has gone that route... I see the commercials for it all the time. Cologuard or whatever...

Every time I see that talking box I want to step on it.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

I'd never heard of that before but i've looked it up and now i see what it is... All i know is that i've already had to take samples of my feces along with urine samples and blood tests before i have the colonoscopy done cause my doc wants to get the full picture of my health situation.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Sounds like you have some good medical people in your corner!

Yeah, the commercials are pretty annoying and "Little Tawkin' Bawx" is the subject of ire for some.  ;D   There's some funny videos about that........       I was considering giving it a go (snicker) ahead of the age where they say you should start getting colonoscopies over here ... which keeps changing. Used to be 50.... for awhile it went to 45 then down to 40.... now it's back to 45 again. This is the US, mind you..... what the people here recommend. I was thinking that maybe doing the talking box interim then the full monty when I hit 45. Might be a waste (heh) of time.. but then again.....    For people with a history (and I might) it could offer peace of mind instead of waiting years for a definitive result from proper testing.

My, how this has taken a strange turn here on the WiM message board.  ;D   Ask me a week ago if I would find myself talking about poopin in boxes and stuff on a model site... I woulda said, "That's nuts!"
-Sprues McDuck-

kerick

It's just that most of us seem to have common experiences we enjoy sharing. It's so special! :wacko:
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

Ha!!!  ;D      Ain't it, though!

Jokes aside, it's actually something that shouldn't have any sort of stigma or embarrassment attached to it so it's good to see, really.  :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

This Is the type of attitude i don't find anywhere else on the web and part of what makes me call this forum my modeling home. Especially the jokes, you guys crack me up.   ;D :thumbsup:

zenrat

Australian government regularly sends everyone over a certain age a free bowel cancer screening kit.  When I worked in Delivery Post Office Box customers would ask me "what's this the government have sent me?".  I would inform them and a significant number would tell me to return the package because they were not interested.  Morons.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Quote from: zenrat on October 13, 2021, 03:18:07 AM
Australian government regularly sends everyone over a certain age a free bowel cancer screening kit.  When I worked in Delivery Post Office Box customers would ask me "what's this the government have sent me?".  I would inform them and a significant number would tell me to return the package because they were not interested.  Morons.

:o wow... Then people complain that the government doesn't do anything for the people. It may be a small thing but i think it's a significant one. Just comes to show that the human being is never happy with what we get and always have to complain about something... :banghead: