Moments of Zen

Started by DogfighterZen, June 30, 2015, 12:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Hope it goes ok at the doctors
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Soon it'll be hairs growing from your finger tips & toes, & running across the ceiling, & squirting silk from your butt ... wrists & swinging from tall buildings! ;D :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

DogfighterZen

Thanks! :thumbsup: It's going smooth, even the even the needle into my arm... :banghead:

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 09, 2022, 06:16:49 AM
Soon it'll be hairs growing from your finger tips & toes, & running across the ceiling, & squirting silk from your butt ... wrists & swinging from tall buildings! ;D :thumbsup:

;D ;D ;D can i be a cross of a wasp with a spider? Those would be perfect super powers, flying with fangs and a stinger, crapping silk and vomiting acid... :o ;D
Er... I'll get my coat and show myself out... :rolleyes: ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

DogfighterZen

Well, not too bad... i'm to be resting and getting stuffed with pills for the next 3 days... :banghead:
Anti biotics and some other stuff... not fun!! :banghead:

But could be worse, i can still grab a model to do some assembly work... :-X ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Glad it's not to bad, hope the anti-biotics do their job  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: zenrat on August 10, 2022, 05:11:44 AM
All the best mate.

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 10, 2022, 06:33:09 AM
Glad it's not to bad, hope the anti-biotics do their job  :thumbsup:

Thanks, guys!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I'm doing better, swelling has come down a bit and the pain is also less than yesterday. Guess the meds are doing their job. But as if the swollen elbow wasn't enough, yesterday i've managed to put a fair gash on one of my left hand's fingers while cutting a slice of bread... :banghead:

Still, i was feeling better today, i finally decided to do something and got the RF-5E's panel lines washed.
I'm still cleaning it so only later in the day will i see the final result.
I'm also going to start the Mustang today as i've gathered everything i need for the job.
I'll be using the RS P-51H and the Xtrakit Spitfire F.22 as parts donor for the Griffon engine's "eyebrows" as i like to call the humps over the exhaust stacks on Griffon powered Spits. ;D
I'll also try to use other parts but those are still to be tested on the Mustang so some may not make the final cut.

:cheers:

Nick

Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 07, 2022, 01:19:18 PM
Ok, time for an update...

Lots has happened in the last few months, including a change of job...

So i'm now a farm manager, at a yoga resort over 10kms closer to home.

Congratulations! It's good to make a move and get away from places you don't like any more.  :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Nick on August 10, 2022, 10:09:31 AM

Congratulations! It's good to make a move and get away from places you don't like any more.  :thumbsup:

Thanks, mate!  :thumbsup:
Indeed, i was really getting fed up with the endless night shifts that were being thrown on me. This type of job suits me much better. :mellow:

PR19_Kit

Spoken from the heart Nick?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: DogfighterZen on August 10, 2022, 10:48:45 AM

Thanks, mate!  :thumbsup:
Indeed, i was really getting fed up with the endless night shifts that were being thrown on me. This type of job suits me much better. :mellow:

We are delighted to hear your move seems to be a success!!   As one who is currently on antibiotics,  I hope they work as well for you as they are doing for me.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

If it makes you feel any better, an Australian spider bite would have killed you by now...

:-\
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on August 11, 2022, 04:50:02 AM

If it makes you feel any better, an Australian spider bite would have killed you by now...

See, I keep telling you................. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Rheged on August 10, 2022, 12:35:38 PM
We are delighted to hear your move seems to be a success!!   As one who is currently on antibiotics,  I hope they work as well for you as they are doing for me.

Thanks!  :mellow:
The meds seem to be having some effect cause the swelling has started to come down and so has the pain. :thumbsup:

;D
Yep, always look on the bright side of life... :mellow: :thumbsup:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 11, 2022, 06:12:44 AM

See, I keep telling you................. :(

;D ;D ;D

I guess i'm not even sure if it was a spider or something else but i'm pretty sure it wasn't a bee or a wasp. Like i've said before i've been stung by both of those several times and never had this reaction anywhere on my body.
What makes me think it was a wolf-spider is the fact that i felt something running up the back of my left arm and when i tried to turn and see, that's when i felt the sharp pain, reached with my right hand and felt something jumping off when i touched my arm.
I didn't hear or see a bee or wasp flying off and i didn't see a spider on the floor after this happened but if you take into account that if find lots of big wolf-spiders almost everywhere around the farm, it's not surprising if it really was one that bit me.
No real reason to worry, it's not that bad... unless you're allergic to the poison, that is. :-\

Well, these days at home are letting me progress with the stalled builds. I've been working on finishing the weathering stage on the RF-5E and also advanced the Hunter build a bit. :thumbsup:

frank2056

Congratulations on the new job!
Today is/was a full Moon, so if you didn't turn into a wolfman or wolfspiderman, the meds must be working....