Hawker Siddeley P.1121

Started by Gondor, July 06, 2015, 04:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

overscan

Keep at it - needs to be done by Telford. 2015 :)
Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

Gondor

Attention is going to turn to the under wing fuel tanks for the moment while I await on some expert opinion in person as to how I deal with the next step with the fuselage as I am not wanting to BU&£ER it up! Decals are sorted out, just need to decide what the serial number will be and the individual aircraft letter, probably in yellow.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Captain Canada

Good call and defo interested in how you go about it. I'm thinking of ordering a vac C-133....go big or go home lol

:thumbsup:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

I was at the Scale Scotland show at Edinburgh Airport today and chatted with The Wooksta! for suggestions on how to proceed with closing up the fuselage half's. So as a result of the chat progress shall again be made with this build starting tomorrow as today I feel a little worn out.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

The Wooksta!

You're not the only one!  Really looking forward to seeing this one finished.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Finally getting the fuselage closed up on this build. I can see that there will still be loads of PSR to do after I am satisfied with the work I am doing at the moment as it fits where it touches if at all.  :blink:

Gondor

The Wooksta!

Remember to go with that conformal belly tank I suggested.  Hides a multitude of sins!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

I have started to work on this again, finally got my mojo back after all the digging I did a few weeks ago. Filler, from a new tube, bought at the UK Nationals back in 2007, has been applied in a few places. More will go on later today or tomorrow to help finish the fuselage, might put the vertical fin on soon while it is easy to work on.

Lee, the underside has actually closed up very nicely so I am going to go with the proposed load-out and fit the bucket of instant sunshine under the fuselage. It also saves mucking around too much with the under wing pylons and tanks as well as having to scratch an under fuselage fuel tank.

Gondor

Captain Canada

Great stuff. Glad you're using up your '07 filler ! Wouldn't want it to go to waste  :thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing a few pics.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 27, 2015, 07:29:03 AM
Great stuff. Glad you're using up your '07 filler ! Wouldn't want it to go to waste  :thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing a few pics.

I opened the tube of Mr Hobby Mr. White Putty today and I would say that in comparison to the remains that I threw away this is rather runny  :blink:

Gondor

Captain Canada

Probably separated from all the years > Can you put the lid on and try and work it back in ? I've had to do that with the automotive stuff I use.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on September 27, 2015, 07:31:15 AM

I opened the tube of Mr Hobby Mr. White Putty today and I would say that in comparison to the remains that I threw away this is rather runny  :blink:

Gondor

Last couple of tubes I've opened, regardless of make,  have started extremely runny, almost watery, but then were "normal" after a couple of squidges
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

I may have got the date/Year wrong. The last tube, which I have just thrown out as I had squeezed it dry like a toothpaste tube, was probably the one that I bought in 2007. The new one I probably bought within the last couple of years. I'm a slow builder so don't use filler that much  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Gondor

Some progress has been made. Filler has been applied to the fuselage join, the tail fin is in place and filler applied to the gaps. I see a lot more sanding in my future.

Stores will be as per the kit so I had better think about cutting out the under wing stores. A Bucket of Instant Sunshine, sourced from a CMK Buccaneer will be adapted to look as if it is recessed under the fuselage so that will be a bit of working out a template to make that modification but I have a cunning plan......

Gondor

Captain Canada

Always good to have a plan ! Cunning or not  :thumbsup:

I bought a tube of Polyfilla to try as a filler. I've filled the un-needed wheel wells on the double Spit as a test, and it seems to be ok so far !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?