Hawker Siddeley P.1121

Started by Gondor, July 06, 2015, 04:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Well it's another case of one step forward and two steps back. I did manage to fit the other tailplane last night, however I have had to cut off the locating wire I was going to use as it was way to thick in the end and I had the tailplanes become so loose that I had to remove and re-glue them!

Where the Light Aircraft Grey has shown up some faults with the PSR on the underside, the Dark Sea Grey has nicely covered the upper surfaces. It looks so nice I am almost tempted to simply mark it up in Royal Navy markings as part of FRADU  :blink: at least the good coverage means I can just add the Dark Green later today. Must really sort out the decals or all the effort will have been for nothing.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Captain Canada

Good news/ Bad news ! Looking forward to seeing how you finish this one up.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Really feeling that I could have done with those extra weeks on this kit. Saying that I do have plans to build a two seater which will be more of a scratch build than this thing has been so I will have absolute control over how it goes together so that everything will be in the right place. I am sure the wings are at different heights on this and that's only one of the problems there has been with it  :banghead:

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Getting there. Glad there is not much in the way of decals as there is some touching up to do as well as the obvious Radome to paint. Tires are painted and will get a Matt coat last thing tonight as I use Xtracolor Tyre Black which is a bit glossy neat but great when Matted down. As you can see in the background the "load" is ready and will be the last item added to the build.

Quite pleased with the way the cockpit has turned out. A lick of paint as it should be ok. Black to go with the interior where it has lifted or been damaged then grey for the canopy while leaving the windscreen black.

Quite pleased with the result so far

Gondor

Rick Lowe

Gondor

It looks a bit better now that the canopy is the same colour as the rest of the aircraft and the radome is black. It's going to get it's first coat of Klear this evening so I can decal it tomorrow, add more Klear and the wheels which I will Matt later tonight then its just add the wheels and the "load" and that's it finished!

Gondor

NARSES2

Really looking the part now  :thumbsup:

I use Xtracrylic RLM 66 for a tyre colour on my post 30's aircraft. Don't matt it as I like the sheen. Looks a little more rubbery to my eye. Pre 1930 they can be anything from pale grey through black and even pink for some German WWI tyres
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

I am calling this finished. I don't know if the kit won or I did. I have had problems all the way through this build and right at the end my complacency about the fact I was at the end caused another problem that thankfully most people will not see or notice.

The picture below makes me think of the song "Fat Bottomed Girls" by "Queen"  :blink:

What was used is
Whirlykit's P.1121 multi-media kit
with additional items from
CMK's Buccaneer S Mk2 from which the Red Beard "load" came from
Academy 1/48 Hawker Hunter for the undercarriage nose leg
Revell 1/72 Hawker Hunter for two main wheels that made the new nose wheel
Aeries 1/72 F-105 replacement Wheel set for the Trumpeter F-105 which provided the main wheels

Paint was mainly Humbrol Enamels and Acrylics

Decals were by Xtradecal, Airfix, Matchbox and the spares box

Gondor

TallEng

Considering the hard time it gave you, that's come out really well. :thumbsup:
Good show :cheers:

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

zenrat

Looks good. I have no prior knowledge of this aircraft so I can't comment on accuracy but you did a good job.
Dihedral on the tail looks a bit odd but if that's the way they designed it then that's the way they designed it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Big Gimper

Wonderful build. As you noted, it was a battle of wills.
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

NARSES2

Quote from: TallEng on October 15, 2015, 08:30:59 PM
Considering the hard time it gave you, that's come out really well. :thumbsup:
Good show :cheers:

Absolutely....well done  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Another beauty ! Love the look of this one in her camo. Turned out really well. And as an aside we`ll be singing `fat bottomed girls`all day  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Steel Penguin

looks good, for all you've said, a top notch job  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Librarian

A very nice finish of a damn difficult build :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. Vacuforms terrify me.

Depending on the angle, I'm seeing Crusader rear, shades of F-107....lots of things. Fascinating aircraft.