I know, it's Sci-Fi

Started by Glenn, October 18, 2004, 07:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

I dug this out of a box the other day, and decided to give it a makeover. Yea, it's the old Airfix model shot against a real sky backdrop.
I removed the wire holding the fighter, and added the contrails with Adobe.

Model: Airfix 1/72 Angel Interceptor

Gary

very nice...  Arifix???  Cool!

anyone know where I can snag a kit of this?

Or a Sky 1 from the UFO series?

I was sorta thinking What if it it had national markings, like leafy roundels.  
Getting back into modeling

cbhusky

Very nice!  :)  Now if someone weren't able to get another kit of that, it might be possible to kitbash something together from an F-104 Starfighter, a A-4 Skyhawk, and possibly a F-5 Freedom Fighter.  That Angel Interceptor looks like it has the lines and looks of all three.  

Captain Canada

Looking good, Lyn !

I've got an old Airfix catalogue, and it's got one in it.....always wanted one !

And isn't that Luke Skywalker at the helm ?

:P  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

Oh man, I remember building one of these when I was a kid, ooooh 25 years ago.  If someone had said to me then "in 25 years you'll be able to sell this on a thing not yet invented called ebay on a thing not yet invented called the internet, for loads of money" I'd have laughed in their face and built it in a hour - like I did in reality  :lol:

Looks sweet btw Glenn  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Leigh

"Luke Skywalker" ?????????????????????
No that is the greatest piece of puppet donkey to ever walk the planet
Destiny Angel ! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm
Songs have been written about her beauty.

Did i really say that?

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

lancer

Quote"Luke Skywalker" ?????????????????????
No that is the greatest piece of puppet donkey to ever walk the planet
Destiny Angel ! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm
Songs have been written about her beauty.

Did i really say that?
No way mate...It's got to be Harmony angel... :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Joe C-P

Hmm. I have a kit of one of these in the closet, but I don't know if it's the Airfix or IMAI. I'll check and let you know; it's on my "Not gonna build list", so it's available for trade, if you want it.

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

NARSES2

QuoteHmm. I have a kit of one of these in the closet, but I don't know if it's the Airfix or IMAI. I'll check and let you know; it's on my "Not gonna build list", so it's available for trade, if you want it.

JoeP
What else do you keep in the closet Jo ? :ph34r:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

John Howling Mouse

Great looking model, Glenn!

A couple of years back, I bought a pair of Airfix Angel Interceptors on behalf of a collector friend of mine in the States.  I see only one IMAI version on eBay currently:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Joe C-P

QuoteHmm. I have a kit of one of these in the closet, but I don't know if it's the Airfix or IMAI. I'll check and let you know; it's on my "Not gonna build list", so it's available for trade, if you want it.

JoeP
What else do you keep in the closet Jo ? :ph34r:
I don't ask, and I don't tell.  :ar:

Actually, too many models :o , and the occasional dim-witted cat when I don't check thoroughly before closing up. :rolleyes:  
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Gary

JoeP
Hey Joe,
If that offer for a trade was for me, I'm there chum! Lemme know what ya want, when you sort out where in teh closet your Angel is.

Cheers

Hmmmmm paint scheme, ASG? Leafy roundels? or be a good boy? :P  
Getting back into modeling

elmayerle

QuoteActually, too many models :o , and the occasional dim-witted cat when I don't check thoroughly before closing up. :rolleyes:
Around here it's likely to be any one of four extremely curious & comparatively fearless cats.  We've learned to check real carefully before shutting closet doors. :D
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

NARSES2

QuoteActually, too many models :o , and the occasional dim-witted cat when I don't check thoroughly before closing up. :rolleyes:
Around here it's likely to be any one of four extremely curious & comparatively fearless cats.  We've learned to check real carefully before shutting closet doors. :D
Mine got it'self trapped under the floorboards once - when I took the carpet & boards up for the second time the little b****** was fast asleep
:zzz:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

Mine got it'self trapped under the floorboards once - when I took the carpet & boards up for the second time the little b****** was fast asleep
:zzz:
Typical bloody cat!! Get's itself into trouble, can't get out of it; then settles down to sleep until it's owner has to rescue it. Stupidly sometimes.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die