Grumman Avenger - Still delivering the goods !

Started by Bungle, July 19, 2015, 03:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

Local deliveries by air !

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

tigercat

zenrat

Ah ha! A competitor for the parcel delivery Stuka.
Very good.  You'd certainly see it coming.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

sandiego89

Very nice.  That is a lot of work to cover the gunners compartment/turret.  Well done.
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

KiwiZac

Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Captain Canada

Great job ! Love the look of her in yellow. Looks good with the canopy covered up as well.

:cheers:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Modelling_Mushi

Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

kitnut617

Nice build Bungle  :thumbsup:

As an aside, some years ago while I was up in the Grande Prairie Alberta area, I drove past a small airfield along the highway and there was an Avenger there which looked a lot like that, only it was being used as a fire-bomber.

And it was all-over yellow too like this one --- http://www.warbirdregistry.org/avengerregistry/images/avenger-53610-WRG-0002200.jpg
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Mossie

Always good to see a civvy Avenger, I've been digging the water bomber conversions recently.  Great stuff. :party:

Which kit did you use, and how did you go about the canopy fairing?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Bungle

Quote from: Mossie on July 20, 2015, 03:28:28 AM

Which kit did you use, and how did you go about the canopy fairing?

The kit is an old Frogski russian re-pop. You certainly get a lot more plastic with these re-pops one sprue had so much flash it was almost solid !

I used plastic card to build up the sides where the turret dipped into the fuselage then filled it with putty and sanded to shape. I then got a spare canopy from the trash heap that was slightly undersized. Glued it in place then covered it with putty and sanded it until I got bored.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Mossie

Nice one, I'll keep the canopy trick in mind for if I ever get around to a Fire Bomber conversion.

PS, I put the pics in the Finished Builds folder for you.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Bungle on July 20, 2015, 04:09:15 AM
.......then covered it with putty and sanded it until I got bored.

I can relate to that, yes.  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit