Wifs at the USA Nats.

Started by Dork the kit slayer, July 26, 2015, 07:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dork the kit slayer

[/URL
[URL=http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/gnomefumbler/media/wifs%201_zpshormhc8h.jpg.html]

I have a Dinah already to turn into a Luftwaffe night fighter,looks like Ill have to find a new project for it. :angry:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Dork the kit slayer

PS  Like Narse Im having bother with Pbucket so Ill post all the pics when I get back home.

Captain Canada

Great stuff. Love the Sea Cobra and the Skyraider. Of course the CDN TSR.2 is the best of the bunch. The UFO dio, although neat and well done, doesn't seem very tactful tho  :o
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Quote from: Captain Canada on July 26, 2015, 09:24:14 AM
Great stuff. Love the Sea Cobra and the Skyraider. Of course the CDN TSR.2 is the best of the bunch. The UFO dio, although neat and well done, doesn't seem very tactful tho  :o

That TSR 2 looks nice but it's easy to tell that its the Airfix 1/48 from the fact that it still has its humpbacked forward fuselage. I wonder why the modeller put the cameras on the intake though? Perhaps he though they were come form of ECM or is using them as such?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

The UFO dio, although neat and well done, doesn't seem very tactful tho  :o

It's a scene from the '50s film Earth Vs. The Flying Saucers.

Glenn Gilbertson

Interesting - thanks for sharing.

Captain Canada

Cool. I feel way better about it now ! Great dio with all the brick flying. Now I'm going to have to check Netflix and see if that movie is on there !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

That's the second Mustang i see with the U.S. Navy colors and markings... that is beautiful... :wub:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: Gondor on July 26, 2015, 12:09:51 PM
Great stuff. Love the Sea Cobra and the Skyraider. Of course the CDN TSR.2 is the best of the bunch. The UFO dio, although neat and well done, doesn't seem very tactful tho  :o

That TSR 2 looks nice but it's easy to tell that its the Airfix 1/48 from the fact that it still has its humpbacked forward fuselage. I wonder why the modeller put the cameras on the intake though? Perhaps he though they were come form of ECM or is using them as such?

Gondor

It is what if after all. What if airfix got it right?  I liked it for the work and finish,I thought it was airfix only because  I dont know who else does a TSR2hump or no :cheers:

scooter

I swear people are trolling the forum for inspiration...and JMN bait

That 'Raider's particularly nice
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: scooter on July 27, 2015, 02:54:38 AM

Hasn't the TurboRaider been posted here...? Looks very familiar?  :unsure:

The Ki-46 is nice, I also have one in the stash (1:72) that is to become a German WWII aircraft - but will probably stay a recce machine, but see some more mods...  ;D

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 27, 2015, 03:03:03 AM
Quote from: scooter on July 27, 2015, 02:54:38 AM

Hasn't the TurboRaider been posted here...? Looks very familiar?  :unsure:

The Ki-46 is nice, I also have one in the stash (1:72) that is to become a German WWII aircraft - but will probably stay a recce machine, but see some more mods...  ;D

I think Ill go with the 30mm cannon (bomber killer). Not sure about the "raider" but it must have been its first outing at the US nationals by virtue of their rules :cheers:

NARSES2

Nice ones mate  :thumbsup:

Favourites are the Sea Mustang and the P-39 with folded wings. Could do one to go with my Airabonita ? Quite like the Ki-46 based bird. Although it looks a little short to me, makes her look a bit stubby
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Found this one, 2007 IPMS Nationals:

But it's not the one I mean, more recent and all-grey, too.

And then I stumbled (externally) across this one here:

Captain Canada

Does that ever change the look of it ! I think I like it !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?