British Caledonian Website

Started by Mossie, August 02, 2015, 12:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

For anyone with an interest in airliners, there's a pretty good website on British Caledonian here:
http://www.british-caledonian.com/

The main reason I mention it here though is there are quite a few whiffy articles on what-might-have-been, poposed types, liveries and such.  You'll have to trawl through to find them an right-click has been canceled so I can't post pics.  A selection:

Silver City helicopters:  http://www.british-caledonian.com/Silver_City_Helicopters.html

The BCal livery that neve was:  http://www.british-caledonian.com/BCal_The_Livery_that_never_was.html

BCal If Only..... in 2020:  http://www.british-caledonian.com/BCal_If_Only...in_2020.html

Simon
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Martin H

just wait till kit See's that little lot. He will love it.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Mossie

I was thinking of Kit when I saw it. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Martin H on August 02, 2015, 01:17:50 PM
just wait till kit See's that little lot. He will love it.

Quote from: Mossie on August 02, 2015, 01:36:36 PM
I was thinking of Kit when I saw it. :thumbsup:

You're both correct.  ;D :thumbsup: :bow:

Thanks very much, LOTS of good stuff in there and I've never heard of the site before. I love that car ferry helicopter, like a rotary winged Fairchild Pack Plane.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Seeing that tartan tailed scheme reminds me of this WestJet scheme which was done for the inaugural Scotland flight. I see it quite often at YYC

http://airlinersgallery.smugmug.com/Airlines-Canada/Westjet-Airlines/i-6jPdQMf/0/M/WestJet%20737-700%20WL%20C-GQWJ%20(15-Tartan%20Tail)(Grd)%20YYC%20(CSD)(46)-M.jpg
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Oooh, that's smart!  :thumbsup:

Do you mean to tell me that they fly from the middle of Canada to Scotland in a 737???  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

To be accurate, Calgary is at the beginning of the last 1/8th of Canada  (there's only 700 miles to the west coast as opposed to 5000 going east)  ;D

But to answer your query, no they don't. They do a couple of fuel stops I think, Toronto then Gander, WestJet do flights to Ireland too, but the Scottish flight is a fairly recent addition.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Weaver

The Silver City helicopter projects (there's more than one way to download an image... :wacko:) :

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

jcf

Those truly are aesthetically challenged.  ;D

The two-part machine is completely bonkers.  ;D
We can't be arsed to build a stalking landing gear so we'll just fly the mechanical bits over
and plop'em on.
:o :o

kerick

You would never get that to work in gusty winds! Drop a cable and winch the two pieces together.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 02, 2015, 02:20:53 PM
Oooh, that's smart!  :thumbsup:

Do you mean to tell me that fly from the middle of Canada to Scotland in a 737???  :o

An Airbus A318 can fly from London to New York (but NOT the bigger versions...  :rolleyes):, so Scotland to the Canadian East coast should be easily feasible with a simlar aircraft, too.

PR19_Kit

The Chinook meets the Fairchild Pack Plane.  ;D

(Which it seems I already said 5 years ago..............  ;D)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

going back to that BCal website. TSR Joe pointed this page out to me a while back.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Martin H on September 15, 2020, 06:58:59 AM

going back to that BCal website. TSR Joe pointed this page out to me a while back.

Blimey, who'd have thought it?  :o

You learn something new etc.  etc.

Regards
Kit