RIP Shep Paine

Started by Modelling_Mushi, August 03, 2015, 02:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modelling_Mushi

Guys:

FYI from Hyperscale:

Howard Sheperd Paine, who for six decades tirelessly worked to spread the popularity of the art miniatures worldwide, died on Saturday, August 1. An extraordinary artist, prolific author, widely respected military historian, and renowned collector of military artifacts, he was 69 years old.
Universally known to his many friends simply as "Shep," the artist suffered a stroke at his home on Chicago's Northwest Side on July 27. Though he never regained consciousness, he spent his final days in the company of loved ones—a small group representing the countless others who came to consider him a friend and mentor through his four books for hobbyists, how-to tip sheets, classes and seminars, co-founding of the tri-annual World Model Expo, and championing of the Open System of Judging for his beloved Military Miniature Society of Illinois and other organizations devoted to the art of miniatures around the world.

In addition to the MMSI, Shep was a driving force in the Company of Military Historians and several Napoleonic historical organizations. He served as president of all of those groups at different times, and was a dedicated recruiter to their ranks.

Immediate services will be private, but the MMSI is planning a "Celebration of Shep Paine's Life" where all will be welcome following the group's annual Chicago Show on Sunday, October 25. Details will be announced soon.

More here:
http://www.military-miniature-society-of-illinois.com/new-page-2

I remember this guys diaoramas from when I was a kid, pure inspiration.

Vale Shep.

Apologies if this has already been posted.

Regards

Andrew
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

NARSES2

Sad loss. I always admired his work in magazines and books
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.