Spruce Goose

Started by Captain Canada, August 09, 2015, 02:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I've never seen the thing, and most likely never will, but anything THAT large and built of wood deserves a whole lot of respect.

Your model's looking equally respect-worthy Cap'n, that hinged nose do, a la 'Tradewind', is the icing on the cake.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Thanks guys. I hope to see it one day as well. Hope to do a continental road trip one day when the kiddies are grown....

I was waffling on hacking out the nose, but I think it really makes the difference in the build. Plus it`s great fun lol. I think I will add a radar bulb as well.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on August 21, 2015, 06:41:03 PM
Mark me as another who was underwhelmed by the beast in person, of course I'd spent a few years walking around 747's on the assembly
line in Everett by the time I actually saw the Hercules in McMinnville.  ;D

As you say, when accustomed to large aircraft it does seem to be a bit "'run-of-the-mill"".  Especially when you see this on the next building to the Evergreen Museum

It's one of Evergreen's retired 747's, it's been made as the start point of a few water-slides.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Gorgeous. Love those old small-hump Jumbos. Another place to add to the list of must sees  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Families who visit the museum but don't want to traipse kids around the exhibits (you need a good day [maybe two] to see both museum builds, one is aero orientated and the other is space orientated [didn't get to see this one though]), go to the water park/slides next door Todd.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Fiddling about with this one today....really hard to find motivation as I don't feel like doing anything. But I have for the most part got a bulkhead for the lifted nose, and I have sorted both floor bits for the cargo hold. I need to fashion some sort of cockpit and then I can go about painting it and glueing the fuselage together. I'm also working at detailing the wing a wee bit, to add some realism to it. Slow going as my left hand isn't much good at gripping tight.

Maybe some pics tonite.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

My set up this morning : taking over the kitchen table

The cargo hold floors and mockpit, nose bulkhead as well.

I want to have boats for mooring etc. stored in the wing floats. I was going to make doors with davits etc. but it will be easier to have the out the back, like an F-4 braking chute  :thumbsup:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

My crude math has 1cm equalling 2m ?

200 scale ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

RAFF-35

I know its not very helpful, but I always think of this when the goose is mentioned :D

But I think it would be well worth the build, reminds me of a dragon rapide flying boat
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

RAFF-35

Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

Captain Canada

LOL yes I always want to call it the Spruce Moose myself !

:thumbsup:

The keen eye will also see my new piece of bendable-inside-diameter solder in the first pic  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

KiwiZac

I'm excited! Great progress!

On the laptop...Twelve O'Clock High?

And I want that as a poster or shirt!  :lol:
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Captain Canada

Thanks Zac ! I'm pretty sure the wee boat is from a Tamiya 350 scale Tirpitz. But it will be scaled to 200...or a close approximation od said scale. I need to order some 200 scale bits to really set this thing off. Some PE for ladders and stairs and rails as well as some men. I can scratch up a vehicle or two.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?