kitbashing (italian renaissance) Re: Whiff potential material seen on vacation

Started by ericr, August 19, 2015, 05:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

in a shop window (sorry for the reflection) in Perugia (Italy),
an interesting livery for a 747, meant for delivering chocolates :

Captain Canada

Cool. Is it scale like an old travel agent's model or just 2D ? Hard to tell. Nice liverie tho !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Definitively Alitalia - and it's a real special scheme, called "Baci Bidini":

Pretty, nevertheless!  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 19, 2015, 06:05:24 AM
Definitively Alitalia - and it's a real special scheme, called "Baci Bidini":

Pretty, nevertheless!  :thumbsup:

Oh yes, I can remember seeing a BIG decal sheet for that somewhere, most of it being stars of course.   ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

aha, then it's not whiff after all  :unsure: but it would have deserved to be  :wacko:

ericr

quite very long before plastic came into beign, not to speak of model kits, there already was some creativity going on in the notions of bashing, also called the design of chimeras :

with structural constructions showing that any angel can be improved by fitting longer wings (I guess?  ;D )

PR19_Kit

Quote from: ericr on August 20, 2015, 11:35:27 AM

with structural constructions showing that any angel can be improved by fitting longer wings (I guess?  ;D )

No doubt about it, it's endemic throughout the World, and out of the World too.  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

It's rather a griffon?

A chimaera would "need" three heads (lion and goat, sometimes a dragon is added (with wings), another option is a snake as tail).

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ericr

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 21, 2015, 01:29:18 AM
It's rather a griffon?

A chimaera would "need" three heads (lion and goat, sometimes a dragon is added (with wings), another option is a snake as tail).

ah indeed, technically a chimera is a particular combination : I meant it in the general meaning, close to hybrid but related to living beings and dream/myth, of mixing of elements from different origins.

The one on the photograph is a griffon I believe indeed