"Holy Grail" model kits

Started by seadude, August 20, 2015, 07:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: sandiego89 on March 14, 2023, 02:00:43 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 14, 2020, 12:21:28 PMJust taken delivery of one of my Holy Grail kits, and yes, it did cost a fortune, but WTH.  ;D

Ohhhh, 1/72?
It is 72nd Dave and rare as rocking horse crap it turns out .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 14, 2023, 03:44:52 PMIt is 72nd Dave and rare as rocking horse crap it turns out .

Yes indeed, and mine was stupidly cheap as I recall too.

I did this with it :-

Interminable build thread here :-

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=47537.0
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

I remember that build Kit and mate it's still superb..a extremely cool prototype to start with and you made it better  ;D  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Ooh, cool - I'll have to look that thread up at some time.

Beermonster58

Recently secured a complete example of the Italeri  "Project Aurora" combo. Purchased for £20 at a local charity shop. I now have two of the "SR-75" aircraft, one of which is the Testors boxing
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

The Wooksta!

Right now?  An AZ Bf 109 H-1.  Seem to be like rocking horse cack.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

DogfighterZen

I can say i bought one of mine today on ebay for a reasonable price. The OOP Valom 1/72 Blackburn Firebrand TF MK.II. :mellow:
Only have one or two that come to mind right now but they're not out of production, just too expensive for me at the moment.
One of them is the Planet models 1/72 XP-54 Swoose Goose.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 27, 2023, 03:51:32 PMOne of them is the Planet models 1/72 XP-54 Swoose Goose.

I've a soft spot for Planet. Chunky and take some cleaning up, but they build reasonably well. Picked up a couple at Telford quite cheap (thanks to The Wookster for spotting them  :thumbsup: )
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

No such luck for me here in Portugal... :-\  Their models are expensive but for some aircraft, they're the only kits available...
I'd love to get their XP-54 but the Anigrand XP-67 Moobat is also on the list... :rolleyes:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

Cmk also did a Moonbat, as well as Rareplanes although that was a vac form.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 28, 2023, 05:32:52 AMCmk also did a Moonbat, as well as Rareplanes although that was a vac form.

Yep, and both are very hard to find these days... and the ones i've seen so far, are way more expensive than what i'm willing to spend so, these are some of the kits i think i'll never have... :-\

zenrat

I have a new "grail" kit to long for.

Metro Hobbies currently have it's price reduced to AU$ 719...

Yeah, nah.  Not going to happen.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

As much a i love star wars, the only other space vehicle i'd like to build besides the X-wing is Buck Roger's Starfighter. but the Monogram kits i've found on ebay are also way too much money for my wallet... :-\

PR19_Kit

A 1/72 scale Millennium Falcon?  :-\

a) How do they know how big the original was in order to scale it, and

b) Is there enough styrene in the world to mould the kit?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

The Millennium Falcon is tempting!

However, it will probably join the list of other favourite space ships that will never be built by me; Serenity (Firefly/Serenity), Razorcrest (The Mandalorian), Sulaco (Aliens), Nell (Battle Beyond the Stars).

@ Kit: The Millennium Falcon isn't that large & the studio sets & models for the movies were scale representations of a plan, there is even a 1:1 version

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est