"Holy Grail" model kits

Started by seadude, August 20, 2015, 07:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

The original Millennium  Falcon was small enough to be built in one of the Sunderland flying boat sheds at Pembroke Dock .      Yes, I know, West Wales seems an unlikely place to build intergalactic freighters, but that's where it happened.

https://www.visitwales.com/things-do/attractions/tv-and-film-locations/story-wales-and-millennium-falcon
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on April 29, 2023, 09:43:37 AMThe original Millennium  Falcon was small enough to be built in one of the Sunderland flying boat sheds at Pembroke Dock .      Yes, I know, West Wales seems an unlikely place to build intergalactic freighters, but that's where it happened.

https://www.visitwales.com/things-do/attractions/tv-and-film-locations/story-wales-and-millennium-falcon

Well, I'll be...............  :o

I've been there HUNDREDS of times, to catch the ferry to Rosslare, and never knew about that.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 29, 2023, 09:46:42 AM
Quote from: Rheged on April 29, 2023, 09:43:37 AMThe original Millennium  Falcon was small enough to be built in one of the Sunderland flying boat sheds at Pembroke Dock .      Yes, I know, West Wales seems an unlikely place to build intergalactic freighters, but that's where it happened.

Well, I'll be...............  :o

I've been there HUNDREDS of times, to catch the ferry to Rosslare, and never knew about that.

The Heritage Centre is well worth a visit.  Bridget and I went there for a pre-covid weekend away.  St Davids cathedral and Manorbier Castle were also on the itinerary.   We had the roughest ferry crossing we've ever experienced on the Rosslare ferry on another occasion, despite trying to sleep through it.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Jakko

Quote from: zenrat on April 29, 2023, 07:09:18 AMI have a new "grail" kit to long for.

Build thread here on another forum ... It looks bloody impressive, but so does the price :(

Also:

... I know all this and more ...

zenrat

Of course there is also a Lego minifig scale one...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 27, 2023, 11:21:09 AMRight now?  An AZ Bf 109 H-1.  Seem to be like rocking horse cack.

Hardly saw any AZ Models kits at Perth this year Lee, and none of the Bf 109's of any type

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

I managed to obtain one from Germany via eBay. There are a few more but the postage is exhorbitant to the point I'd be giving the sellers advice regarding sex, travel and their mothers.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

rickshaw

A resin 1/72 Shorts Sherpa.  For over 10 years I've sought an example of this model but to no avail.  Finally one has arrived, from Spain.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Pellson

Quote from: rickshaw on May 02, 2023, 11:34:10 PMA resin 1/72 Shorts Sherpa.  For over 10 years I've sought an example of this model but to no avail.  Finally one has arrived, from Spain.   :thumbsup:

We need pics!!
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

rickshaw

Quote from: Pellson on May 02, 2023, 11:43:43 PM
Quote from: rickshaw on May 02, 2023, 11:34:10 PMA resin 1/72 Shorts Sherpa.  For over 10 years I've sought an example of this model but to no avail.  Finally one has arrived, from Spain.   :thumbsup:

We need pics!!

I'll arrange some. :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Wardukw

Weren't these also known as the sky van ?
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 03, 2023, 12:33:34 PMWeren't these also known as the sky van ?

Almost, but the Sky Van was the earlier Short SC7, whereas the Sherpa was the Short 330. The Sherpa has longer wings (of course.... ;D ) and fuselage than a Sky Van.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

One has just made my list -  the Dujin Klemm Kl 32. Only just discovered the type (a photo of a Spanish one during a search for pix of Spanish Bf 108s) and the closest to the one I'd like to do is by Dujin.  There is a hideously expensive Dekno kit which has an inline engine and the one I want has a radial.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 03, 2023, 01:19:13 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 03, 2023, 12:33:34 PMWeren't these also known as the sky van ?

Almost, but the Sky Van was the earlier Short SC7, whereas the Sherpa was the Short 330. The Sherpa has longer wings (of course.... ;D ) and fuselage than a Sky Van.

The Sherpa looks like someone (possibly Eric) put Skyvan wings on a Sturgeon.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Agreed Feed 👍 😃😃

I've been racking my brain and I really can't think of any holy grail kits.
The only one I've always wanted is one I've never seen for sale anywhere and that's Dragons fast attack vehicle in 35th scale.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .