"Holy Grail" model kits

Started by seadude, August 20, 2015, 07:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Aoshima have re-done Blue Thunder recently in 1/48, around the same time they did Airwolf.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Aoshima have re-done Blue Thunder recently in 1/48, around the same time they did Airwolf.
Quote from: Rheged on September 23, 2015, 09:20:11 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 23, 2015, 02:05:27 AM
But it's tall, VERY tall! Especially for an aircraft that first flew in the 50s!

I can certainly agree with that. I visited the drivers seat of the Beverley at the Museum of Army Transport in Beverley before it shut down. It was a considerable hike from cargo deck to flight deck!!

Definitely.  Here's a pic from a visit to Fort Paull a few weeks ago with a couple of 1/2 scale humans for reference!

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Those two could JUST walk under the Bev without banging their heads.  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Librarian

I can still remember being about that age and being taken by my Grandparents to Hendon....the Beverley was HUGE, positively loomed.

SH/MPM Ki-83....disappeared off the radar completely, but one's just turned up:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262057507254?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Mossie

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 24, 2015, 12:52:06 AM
Sure they are not 1/72 Mossie  ;D

They might be if I could afford/have the skills to build the Magna kit!!!

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 24, 2015, 01:30:09 AM
Those two could JUST walk under the Bev without banging their heads.  ;D :lol:

Charlotte (blonde on the left) is the tallest in her class too!  Charlotte and her twin sister (really!) Chloe started primary school a few weeks ago.

Quote from: Librarian on September 24, 2015, 01:51:53 AM
I can still remember being about that age and being taken by my Grandparents to Hendon....the Beverley was HUGE, positively loomed.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262057507254?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

My grandparents did the same for me, but with XB259 when she was at the Beverley Museum of Army Transport (sadly long gone).  I remember her being erected and being told we'd visit when she was ready, which we did and several times after.  Now I get to take my girls to see the same Beverley, even closer now!
:thumbsup:

NARSES2

Built that kit and enjoyed it. Still got one in the stash
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Chaos

Holly Grail Kits for my are the Bandai Star wars kits since the license agreement  from Disny.  :rolleyes:

Captain Canada

Great pic of the Beverly with the kiddos as reference.....wow, is it ever tall !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mr.Creak

Quote from: Mossie on September 23, 2015, 02:48:35 PMDefinitely.  Here's a pic from a visit to Fort Paull a few weeks ago with a couple of 1/2 scale humans for reference!

Ooh! I can see MY rivet on that photo!

(Obscure reference - when the Beverley was AT Beverley, in the Transport Museum, they funded part of its upkeep by "selling" rivets: but they stayed on the aircraft. I still have my Beverley Rivet Owners' Certificate somewhere. I used to live less than a ten minute walk from the museum).
What if... I had a brain?

Mossie

PR19_Kit

They should have crowd-funded some masking tape! That's a TERRIBLE paint job around the drop-master's panel.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Austanker

*1/24 scale Mad Max Interceptor kits - Aoshima , Cavalier if anyone has one or sees them message me
*Alien APC 1/35 scale - same deal
*MPC Millenium Falcon + Darth Vaders Tie Fighter

Dizzyfugu

I have one in the stash, but would not part with it... so hard to hunt down, and a beautiful aircraft.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 25, 2015, 02:10:42 PM
They should have crowd-funded some masking tape! That's a TERRIBLE paint job around the drop-master's panel.

On the othe side another real life proof that many model kits just look too "clean" and accurate - not only concerning the paint finish, but also the surface structure and the way this channels dirt/rain.