"Holy Grail" model kits

Started by seadude, August 20, 2015, 07:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Quote from: Leading Observer on December 13, 2018, 05:52:33 AM
Quote from: kerick on December 12, 2018, 03:45:35 PM
Sounds good! Postage from the UK to US might be interesting. We'll work it out.

:-\Bad news - I only have 1 in the stash

Oh well maybe next time.

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 13, 2018, 09:20:38 AM
It might not help much but the one that was for $80 has gone down to $60 (w/ free shipping).  Still pricey but perhaps within range now?

I'll check, thanks!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

Right on! Bonne chance. It would be nice if there was "or best offer" on it because this time of year people are hard up for cash.  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Just taken delivery of one of my Holy Grail kits, and yes, it did cost a fortune, but WTH.  ;D

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

That's right.   Sometimes "It's only money"   DOES apply!  If it won't totally wreck finances and makes you happy... then why the hell not indeed!  Ever so often I shell out an amount that I would never fathom otherwise because I REALLY want the model and I don't think I've ever felt bad about it afterward....  NO RAGERTS
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on March 14, 2020, 08:00:58 PM
That's right.   Sometimes "It's only money"   DOES apply!  If it won't totally wreck finances and makes you happy... then why the hell not indeed!  Ever so often I shell out an amount that I would never fathom otherwise because I REALLY want the model and I don't think I've ever felt bad about it afterward....  NO RAGERTS

Yup, been there a few myself, even if i had to sacrifice other stuff to get said kits... Latest was the Revell/Italeri 1/48 RAH-66 Comanche. That was a hard kit to get but i ended up getting a break, when there were a couple on ebay on auctions, i managed to convince the seller who had the best offer available as well. :mellow: But the one i ended up paying the most for weren't even full kits... :o
The 1/72 F-16XL #1 and #2 conversion sets from the Japanese company Lonestar resin parts... those cost me almost 100€ per set... :rolleyes: May not be that much for some but it's a lot for me. :rolleyes:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Steel Penguin

Manged to get the kit the 8 year old me always thought was bigger than massive and just as impressive
Tamiya 1:350 Enterprise CVN - 65  and paid less for it than the price my 8 year old self saw on the ticket   :thumbsup:

definitely doing the happy dance
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Hobbes

Quote from: Steel Penguin on March 12, 2023, 10:20:47 AMManged to get the kit the 8 year old me always thought was bigger than massive and just as impressive
Tamiya 1:350 Enterprise CVN - 65  and paid less for it than the price my 8 year old self saw on the ticket   :thumbsup:

I've got a couple of aircraft sets for that which I'm not going to use. If you want, they're yours for postage, or handover at next SMW.

Steel Penguin

i be honoured and delighted Hobbs,  and more than happy to collect at SMW, i have a feeling that this may be a little bit of a long term planning / doing build.
Thank you.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

zenrat

I read that and started trying to remember which Star Trek CVN-65 came from... :banghead:   

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Steel Penguin

Voyage home,  the one with the stolen klingon bird of prey and the wales  :thumbsup:

JayBee

Quote from: Steel Penguin on March 13, 2023, 03:46:44 AMVoyage home,  the one with the stolen klingon bird of prey and the wales  :thumbsup:
I am sure the Welsh government would love get their hands on a Klingon Bird of Prey  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Steel Penguin

Doh  thank you JayBee  Whales ...  mean Whales   big aquatic mammals  :banghead:  :banghead:

Rick Lowe

Apparently it was 'nother CVN masquerading... I bet the folk on the Real Big E were pretty annoyed...

Edit - USS Ranger, CV-61 played the part.

sandiego89

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 14, 2020, 12:21:28 PMJust taken delivery of one of my Holy Grail kits, and yes, it did cost a fortune, but WTH.  ;D

Ohhhh, 1/72?
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

sandiego89

Quote from: Steel Penguin on March 12, 2023, 10:20:47 AMManged to get the kit the 8 year old me always thought was bigger than massive and just as impressive

I have been eyeing the 1/350 Enterprise for 30+ years........
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA