Blazelands Transport Inc - Finished !

Started by Austanker, August 27, 2015, 05:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austanker

Hi , been a few years since I posted here , had a break from modelling but now back at the desk
This is my latest work a kitbash , not sure if armour / aircraft or car lol anyway some starter pics will fill in more info when I have time
Sort of inspired by the War Rig from Fury Road and some sci-fi builds I have seen , this idea has been rattling round in my brain for years , seen the right kits at the hobby shop a while ago and I was cashed up so I bought up  :wacko:

Captain Canada

That's definitely going to be a funky build ! Huge as well ! I have always liked the idea of trucks moving choppers, like the agricultural sprayers you see. I know this is different but it definitely makes one think !

Looking forward to some more progress pics, and welcome back to the bench !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Sticky Fingers

Cool project! Reminds me of 'The Highwayman' who drove a truck that transformed into a 'copter  ;D

Wait...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asYhAU_mzxw

:drink:

Steel Penguin

so glad im not the only one who thought of that  :thumbsup:
still a series ive got to find on DVD ( if they ever release it  :banghead:)
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

kerick

Quote from: Sticky Fingers on August 27, 2015, 12:35:22 PM
Cool project! Reminds me of 'The Highwayman' who drove a truck that transformed into a 'copter  ;D

Wait...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asYhAU_mzxw

:drink:

They just don't make TV shows like that anymore,

thank heavens.....

Your build looks very interesting, I'll be watching!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Austanker

Yep I got the Highwayman comment off a mate lol , I always loved those big old 70's /  80's trucks like the one in Damnation Alley  :mellow:
I must say the Italeri HEMTT kit was a bit of a let down with a badly formed chassis rail which I managed to save , mis-labelled parts in the instructions , in fact the first 3 steps all had mistakes in them , mind you there is going to be a ton of bits left over for future kit bashing , same as the AH - 60L.

The interior is a mash up with the standard chopper layout but I added the HEMTT steering wheel and seats , moved the pilots seat to the rear wall , added a ladder to access the roof hatch , added a storage box , fire extinguishers from a Bren Carrier kit and a 303. rifle mounted above the rear seats , like the War Rig in Fury Road my beast will be bristling with weapons
I painted it all up as I had to glue the body up to continue building , I learnt on previous builds not to go over board on the interior that you will hardly see , the colours are similar to the M113 interior , a paleish green

I was originally going to have the rear tray full of fuel drums and supplies but another trip to the hobby store changed that and I bought an Italeri 6x6 water truck to scavenge , I was also going to add some sort of scoop at the front like a dozer blade but my scratch building skills aren't that hot so I made this thing out out the hydraulic leg support for the HEMTT's loading crane and added some tips from wooden BBQ skewers  ;D

Austanker

Bit more work added a wing at the back , seems to balance it all out and hey it's jet powered so will need to keep its donkey down at high speed  ;D

Going with the standard War Rig colour scheme of black on black  :wacko:

zenrat

Damnation Alley was my first thought when I saw the pics.
This looks better though.

I would avoid plain black and go for some sort of camo in the grey and brown palate.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Glenn

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Looking good ! I like the extra tankage at the back....neat idea. I'm downloading Damnation Alley now. I should have googled it to see if I've actually seen it before, but then again who cares !

:thumbsup: :wub: :tank:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Austanker

Captain Canada

Nice ! The figurines really bring it to life and I love the guns....wouldn't want to get to close to that !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Why didn't I think of that!!!!
Awesome build!
I might suggest some sort of boarding ladder/steps and handrails. Just my $0.02.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise