The Rules

Started by NARSES2, August 29, 2015, 05:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Rats, the tight time frame "killed" my original submission idea!
It would be just a couple of months too late...

Glenn Gilbertson

Great rules! Hope it inspires as much creativity as the civilianise it/militarise it GB. :cheers:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 30, 2015, 11:41:56 AM

Try us, you never know..............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Well, I could try to, but for the GB's sake I'd rather stay true to the real world timeframe, at least with the first submission (for which I found another neat idea - more exotic).  ;)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 31, 2015, 12:39:08 AM
Well, I could try to, but for the GB's sake I'd rather stay true to the real world timeframe, at least with the first submission (for which I found another neat idea - more exotic).  ;)

Now why doesn't that surprise me?  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

...and we know that's gonna be good !

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

OMG, all that pressure...!  :blink:

CANSO

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 29, 2015, 05:58:23 AM
Technology ? To give a little more scope let's say that things can either have been developed a little latter than in real life, or a little earlier. Say 18 months either way ? Obviously if you want the RAF to be flying Gauntlets or Siskins as last gasp reinforcements that's fine, you just can't have Me 262's – sorry, but early 190's are ok.
I'm sorry guys, I don't quite understand :rolleyes:. You are talking of REAL LIFE TECHNOLOGY, right? Not whif-tech?
So no flying Mantas or Supermarine Stingrays? :unsure:

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 30, 2015, 11:41:56 AM

Hmmm, checking the GB's time frame I might have a window of several weeks to add my original idea, though, or spin the story further (according to real world events) and still make it a valid submission!  :lol:
Besides, there are 2-3 more ideas cooking, including simple paint/user variations or some cosmetic surgery jobs...

Chances are that the first submission might be ready before the GB officially starts.  :rolleyes:

NARSES2

Don't forget lads that the RAF also had an offensive roll in the BoB. All those attacks on barges and possible invasion ports. RAF intruder operations ?

SAM has had some good articles on the other BoB recently ; The bombers, Coastal Command and a really interesting one of British chemical warfare plans.

Personally I've dug 4 kits out as possibles and oddly for me 3 are Luftwaffe. the sole RAF possibility might get impressed into service as an emergency beach bomber
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

That's funny Chris as most of my ideas are Luft based as well ! Be interesting to see how many of us come up with similar ideas. I would also like to do a few RAF/ RCAF types. The RCAF idea leaves some openings as we had all sorts of interwar 'unsuitables' back home that could have been pressed into service !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 01, 2015, 06:55:11 AM
Personally I've dug 4 kits out as possibles and oddly for me 3 are Luftwaffe. the sole RAF possibility might get impressed into service as an emergency beach bomber

Personally, I try to stay clear from Luftwaffe things - even though a He 100 in realistic colors might pop up...? RAF is a serious option, as well as Norway. And then there's the "exotic" idea... maybe as an RAF exile plane.

Captain Canada

Now I`m thinking a big old biplane.....maybe go with a beach member idea like Chris`to thwart the invasion.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 01, 2015, 08:24:46 AM

Personally, I try to stay clear from Luftwaffe things - even though a He 100 in realistic colors might pop up...? RAF is a serious option, as well as Norway. And then there's the "exotic" idea... maybe as an RAF exile plane.

I haven't built anything Luftwaffe for a while which is why I may go that route. Basically I'm thinking He 100, Fw 187 and B&V HA 137 for the German side and a Bristol Type 148 for the RAF.

Norway is interesting. I do have plans for an Airfix Hurricane to appear in their colours but not for this build. Mind you I have a few more plans for that kit
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Hman

I am in. Got an Airfix Me110 in the stash. Can I enter more than one build?
"Lusaka Tower, this is Green Leader..."