The Rules

Started by NARSES2, August 29, 2015, 05:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

I may now join in with this one. Having sprained my ankle on Sunday night, My Tank Girl tank is on hold until I can go and get my references back from my friend in Leeds. However I did, rather unexpectedly, manage to get up the stairs and into the attic this afternoon, which brought about the pleasing discovery that I have more He 112s than I remembered or needed for other projects.

Not sure whether to do one "straight" or try to put a Db.600/601 on it (Bf.109G nose?). I also have an Aichi Val dive bomber that could be Heinkelized/Germanized/Germinated/whatever. Much Hmmmm.......
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Hman on September 02, 2015, 10:53:47 AM
I am in. Got an Airfix Me110 in the stash. Can I enter more than one build?

As may as you like. Dizzy will probably do a couple of dozen.........  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

As well as an asymmetric Bf110 I have some evil plans for the remains of the Bf109 which will be donating some parts.
I also have a Dewoitine D520 and a couple of Italian trimotors in the stash.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 02, 2015, 06:23:03 AM
Norway is interesting. I do have plans for an Airfix Hurricane to appear in their colours but not for this build. Mind you I have a few more plans for that kit

Norwegian Hurricane was an initial thought of mine, too, but I deemed it to be too much "first choice". So there'll probably be another pre WWII type in Norwegian colors - maybe not built OOB, but with slight mods like a different engine. Have to see what the spares bank holds. :)

The first submission will be a rather simple "livery whif", though, with minimal modifications. Multiple submissions intended, at the moment there are four ideas cooking.  ;D

jcf

Quote from: Weaver on September 02, 2015, 11:19:11 AM
I may now join in with this one. Having sprained my ankle on Sunday night, My Tank Girl tank is on hold until I can go and get my references back from my friend in Leeds. However I did, rather unexpectedly, manage to get up the stairs and into the attic this afternoon, which brought about the pleasing discovery that I have more He 112s than I remembered or needed for other projects.

Not sure whether to do one "straight" or try to put a Db.600/601 on it (Bf.109G nose?). I also have an Aichi Val dive bomber that could be Heinkelized/Germanized/Germinated/whatever. Much Hmmmm.......

He 100 was DB 601 powered, so why not an He 100 nose?  ;)

... and then put the He 112 nose on the Aichi.  ;D

Weaver

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 03, 2015, 05:36:23 PM
Quote from: Weaver on September 02, 2015, 11:19:11 AM

He 100 was DB 601 powered, so why not an He 100 nose?  ;)

... and then put the He 112 nose on the Aichi.  ;D

Interesting: one of the other He-100 projects would only need the wings and tail surfaces so there'd be a spare fuselage anyway. For the Aichi, I was going to use the inline engine option from the Matchbox He 70 kit, since it fairs into a circular fuselage and it wouldn't spoil the donor kit which has alternate Gnome-Rhone radial parts.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

JasonW

I have been eagerly awaiting this GB, this will be my first GB participation on this forum.  :cheers:

I also had some He-112 plans. I was going to use a Lindberg He-100 nose on the Heller He-112. I also had a Special Hobby Fw-187 I had plans for. I had some crazy idea for a Me-109 fuselage and Me-110 wings and engines being paired together with the 109 nose being faired over with a nose cone. I was also thinking He-100 in operational markings using some 109 or 190 unit as the base scheme.

But those were not my main focus, just side thoughts I had. Probably just as well as it seems a few other members beat me to the punch on a few. My main focus will be RAF. Various plans I've concocted include:

• A single seat Defiant sans turret as a standard fighter in the later Hurricane style with four 20mm cannon.
  • An FAA Defiant.
  • Planet Models resin kits of the Gloster F5.34 and F9.37 both to be done as operational aircraft.
  • Special Hobby Westland Whirlwind that I haven't quite figured out what I want to do with (maybe a night fighter in Defiant style black overall scheme?).
  • Novo/Frog Gloster Whittle E.28/39 as a fighter in operational markings.

Have all the kits and bits, now hopefully going to have the time now that I'm working in the office and not on the road constantly.
It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.

- George Burns

rickshaw

Quote from: JasonW on September 04, 2015, 07:13:50 PM
Novo/Frog Gloster Whittle E.28/39 as a fighter in operational markings.

Sorry, no jets or rocket powered aircraft allowed.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

jcf

Quote from: rickshaw on September 04, 2015, 07:51:12 PM

Ah well, so much for the plan of the huge winged Congreve rocket piloted by Baldrick.  ;D  ;)

rickshaw

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 04, 2015, 08:21:55 PM

Ah well, so much for the plan of the huge winged Congreve rocket piloted by Baldrick.  ;D  ;)

What a cunning plan, you have there!  Sorry, you can have Baldrick light the blue touch paper but you can't let him ride it...   ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

I've just ordered an Italeri Macchi C202 (first flight August 10th 1940 - just scrapes in).  To be built OOB but combining smoke ring camo with a yellow nose.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

There's nothing to stop you re-engining it with a Merlin though...........  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

• A single seat Defiant sans turret as a standard fighter in the later Hurricane style with four 20mm cannon.
  • An FAA Defiant.
  • Planet Models resin kits of the Gloster F5.34 and F9.37 both to be done as operational aircraft.

Particularly like these ideas  :thumbsup: I've built the two Gloster's but from the Magna kits. Always liked the F9.37 and do have plans for a second but it will probably get built next year. Single seat Defiant will look nice and I to want to build a FAA defiant instead of the Roc but this to will not be in this GB. I want to figure out the wing fold first.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

Rats--- (as a famous philosopher used to say).
I had a Delta Campini Caproni scheduled for its first operational sortie.  :banghead:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

Ah but that wasn't really a jet ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.