The Rules

Started by NARSES2, August 29, 2015, 05:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

FROG made a P-51A a zillion years ago, but would you want your daughter to date one? Probably not.....  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TallEng on September 12, 2015, 02:39:56 AM
Question?
Can I do an Alison engined Mustang? First flight 26 Oct. 1940, in Sqn service (allegedly)
And invented by The British ;)
Late 1941 early 1942. Fits the moveable 18 month forward/backward timeframe for developments
I think ;D

Regards
Keith

The Mods have moderated and agreed that this is allowable Keith.

Go for it.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

TallEng

Cheers :drink:
And for those that are interested; Italari do an early Alison engined Mustang Kit No. 090
Can't vouch for the accuracy though. But it looks like an earlyish Mustang to me  :thumbsup:
Now off to my (well thumbed) fighting colours for the 'gen' on BoB camouflage.(Other books
Are available ;D)

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

zenrat

Only 3 sleeps to go.
I've got some kits out, honed my imagination, sharpened my saws, cleaned my putty spreader, opened a new pack of ladies fingernail sanding sticks and thought about where I put my home made smoke-ring decals so i'm all ready to go...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Also ready, with many ideas, a stash of kits and donation parts. Feels like a wave of many small projects coming along, beyond the RAF P-40...  :party:

DogfighterZen

I'm thinking of a British modified P-38... Let's say they didn't cancel the 143 ordered and fit in merlins and deal with the compressibility issue themselves?
Mr. Moderator Sir, could this be accepted in the GB? :unsure:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

Quote from: DogfighterZen on September 14, 2015, 08:01:55 AM
I'm thinking of a British modified P-38... Let's say they didn't cancel the 143 ordered and fit in merlins and deal with the compressibility issue themselves?

That'd be Mr ModeratorS as there's two of us.........  ;D

I think it's OK, but I'll consult with my fellow Mod.

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: DogfighterZen on September 14, 2015, 08:01:55 AM

The Anglo-French Purchasing Commitee order was placed in April, 1940, the first Model 322 Lightning I for the RAF
wasn't delivered until December, 1941.

The USAAC only started receiving its YP-38 development aircraft in September of 1940, so they were still testing the aircraft
during the BoB. First operational squadron deliveries started late summer 1941.

TallEng

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 29, 2015, 05:58:23 AM
Right lads here are the suggested rules for the Battle of Britain GB

1. The GB runs from the 15th September (BoB Day) till midnight of 13th December 2015, . Extensions may well be considered dependent on the bribe amount     

2.  Now the terms of reference of this GB are a little stricter than usual as we intend it to honour everyone who fought or took part in one of the historically most important battles in history some 75 years ago. In consideration of this I hope you will understand the following

"The Moderators consider that as a fitting tribute to the real people involved in events which some on site can remember  we decided to stick to the historical parameters of the actual battle with some very simple extensions to give a little more flexability" ?

So the period covered is May 10th 1940 (invasion of the Low Countries) through to Oct 12th 1940 (the day Operation Sealion was called off)

Geographical area covered. The Atlantic/North Sea/Channel coastlines of Europe. So maybe Norway is still holding on ? Spain joins in with Germany and Italy and attacks the Western Approaches ? Obviously other countries can be involved but the action must take place within this geographical boundary.

Technology ? To give a little more scope let's say that things can either have been developed a little latter than in real life, or a little earlier. Say 18 months either way ?

That makes April 1942 as the cut off date according to my (somewhat suspect) maths
So a Lightning should scrape in?

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

DogfighterZen

That's what i was counting on!!  :thumbsup: I was thinking of a scenario where the British got involved in the early development of the plane in 1939, and had the license to build them in Britain with the merlins...
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

The history slew goes 18 months in EITHER direction, so maybe the YP-38 entered entered service with the USAAC in April 1939? Everything else could therefore slew forward by 18 months as well.

Regards
Kit

jcf

Theh P-38 contract was awarded in 1937, XP-38 first flight was January, 1939, and as stated the service test YP-38s began testing Sept. 17, 1940. They had been ordered in April, 1939, almost exactly a year before the RW Anglo-French order.

So, there is a 21 month gap between first flight and service test.

DogfighterZen

The First 13 aircraft ran into production delays in the States, but what if the British were already involved in the aircraft's development and took matters into their own hands pressed by the uprising possibility of war? Wouldn't this fit in?

Mossie

I've got several ideas, I almost certainly won't get around to most of them though:

Defiant P.94 single seater.  I've also got another defiant that may be something else (EDIT, found something on this in the hour or two since I posted, it's likely to be a trainer)
Fairey P.4/34 production standard, conversion of a part started Fulmar.
Miles Master Fighter, Pegasus kit.
Tiger Moth Fighter
Spitfire with inverted Merlin.  This is mostly together, so wouldn't be elligible for voting but I might finish it as an 'inspiration build'.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Bungle

As I'm currently well in to my bf-109 project (8 made 67 to do and still buying more  :banghead:) I don't think I'll have the time to get too carried away but they say variety is the spice of life and since my local curry house has gone down hill since being taken over, perhaps a few shake and bake paint jobs may happen.

I have loads of unused out of the box 109 decals so perhaps an alternative to Herr Messerschmitt. Take the 109 out of the equation and use.....  :wub:

May be they purchased the Curtiss 75, made a deal with the French for Bloch 152's hmmm... I'm pretty sure I have a lot of pre-war Heller French aircraft from a previous stalled project.

Could I assume Germany annexed France in 1936 rather than invaded it later?
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)