The Rules

Started by NARSES2, August 29, 2015, 05:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 15, 2015, 04:41:32 PM
Quote from: Bungle on September 15, 2015, 03:35:58 AM

Could I assume Germany annexed France in 1936 rather than invaded it later?

How? The French military of 1936 could have readily wiped the floor with the small and still
seriously underequipped Wehrmacht of the time.

Yup. When the Wehrmacht entered the Rhineland in 36 they were under orders to turn straight around and come home if the French showed any sign at all of responding militarily. Indeed I've used it as a turning point in world history in one of my Newsletter articles
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Bungle

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 15, 2015, 09:10:46 AM

I think that's outside the 18 month temporal flexibility allowance Bungle, but I'll consult..........

No I'm still thinking BoB timescale but instead of France being overwhelmed they are a willing partner and therefore integrate the French Airforce and their Air industries into the Luftwaffe .....? Say Messrs Messerschmitt, Mitchell and Rowledge had a pre-war gliding accident.... no 109 no Spitfire no Merlin what would be the dominant fighter aircraft at the Battle of Britain ?

Bloch's in luftwaffe guise ? MS 406 v Miles M20 ??

What if......
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Bungle

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 16, 2015, 06:15:25 AM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 15, 2015, 04:41:32 PM

How? The French military of 1936 could have readily wiped the floor with the small and still
seriously underequipped Wehrmacht of the time.

Yup. When the Wehrmacht entered the Rhineland in 36 they were under orders to turn straight around and come home if the French showed any sign at all of responding militarily. Indeed I've used it as a turning point in world history in one of my Newsletter articles

Exactly..... so therefore, with no further adieu I counter with  'But What-if..........'

Check or Checkmate ?
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

zenrat

Quote from: Bungle on September 16, 2015, 06:39:32 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 15, 2015, 09:10:46 AM

I think that's outside the 18 month temporal flexibility allowance Bungle, but I'll consult..........

No I'm still thinking BoB timescale but instead of France being overwhelmed they are a willing partner and therefore integrate the French Airforce and their Air industries into the Luftwaffe .....? Say Messrs Messerschmitt, Mitchell and Rowledge had a pre-war gliding accident.... no 109 no Spitfire no Merlin what would be the dominant fighter aircraft at the Battle of Britain ?

Bloch's in luftwaffe guise ? MS 406 v Miles M20 ??

What if......

Multiplace de combat heavy fighters...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

tigercat

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 16, 2015, 05:30:23 AM
I was thinking of somat armour myself. Funnies eh ?

:cheers:

Will have to see what French Armour is out there. I think it will  make a good starting point.

crudebuteffective

question to the mods

OK I know that we cannot enter stuff stated before 15th  BUT what if we are repainting an old model OR resurrecting something started yonks ago and given up on?????
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

PR19_Kit

Hm, a difficult one.........

That  would depend on how much work had been done before, but I'm minded to say that won't pass unless there was VERY little work done earlier. We were pretty hard on Dizzy over his P-40 when he started early and I think the same situation should obtain here, sorry.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

crudebuteffective

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 17, 2015, 12:46:40 PM
Hm, a difficult one.........

That  would depend on how much work had been done before, but I'm minded to say that won't pass unless there was VERY little work done earlier. We were pretty hard on Dizzy over his P-40 when he started early and I think the same situation should obtain here, sorry.

cheers kit
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

kitbasher

Can the mine-laying Harrows of 420 Flt be squeezed into the timeline?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Harrows were still in service at the time of the Battle, so no 'squeezing' is required.

Have you got a Valom Harrow then? I didn't think they were out yet.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 23, 2015, 07:01:58 AM
Have you got a Valom Harrow then? I didn't think they were out yet.

Don't be silly, Kit.  Not a Harrow but something that could be described as a close contemporary.  Will see how the three fighters progress before committing to a 4th BoBGB build.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Close counts.........  ;D

Regards
Kit

tigercat

In hand grenades and horseshoes :)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: tigercat on September 23, 2015, 01:03:57 PM
In hand grenades and horseshoes :)

....and in Whiffing too.  ;)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

The Moderators have moderated and we think we should issue a clarification of The Rules.

Builders, while free to build models of (almost....) any user, must ensure they produce a reason in their backstory why the model should be included in the 'Battle of Britain' group build. Perhaps it was flown to the UK, or to another area of the Battle, from its owning country during the Battle?

Reasons for inclusion may be retrospective, and indeed should be when required.............

Regards
Kit