Inspirations Mk.II

Started by zenrat, August 29, 2015, 06:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Which reminds me I've still got some of the Almark BoB Special sheets!

They were rather good at the time, I built 'one of each' from their sheets to go with a display in in the foyer of the local cinema when the film came out. The Me-110 I did was diabolical!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 09, 2015, 06:36:17 AM
I've used some old transfer sheets recently - mid 60's - and they worked fine. It was a His Air Dec sheet.

I also have a couple of old ESCI sheets full of Italian unit markings which still work fine

I've got a couple of the old ESCI aftermarket sets - One for FW Condors and one of RAF roundels.  Not tried to use either of them.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

I've got a few old Esci sheets that I was hoping would still work. Nice to hear they probably will !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 10, 2015, 04:52:32 AM
I've got a few old Esci sheets that I was hoping would still work. Nice to hear they probably will !

:cheers:

They take a bit of soaking Capt as the varnish on the suit is pretty thick, but other than that mine were fine with a couple of Klear coats after application.

Got a few Almark sheets as well. Still look ok. They did profile type books as well, didn't they ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 10, 2015, 06:09:04 AM

Got a few Almark sheets as well. Still look ok. They did profile type books as well, didn't they ?

Oh yes, they did indeed. I think I have at least one of them somewhere in this madhouse.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

I think I have one on late mark Spitfires ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

They did quite a few, but there were two BoB themed ones IIRC, one of the RAF and one on the Luftwaffe.

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

ESCI decals were based on the old Profile series, good in their day but hopelessly out of date now.  They nearly always came pre-yellowed and will need varnishing before use as they tend to disintegrate when merely threatened with water.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Big Gimper

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 11, 2015, 05:02:20 PM
ESCI decals were based on the old Profile series, good in their day but hopelessly out of date now.  They nearly always came pre-yellowed and will need varnishing before use as they tend to disintegrate when merely threatened with water.

You can say that again. ESCI forgot to put a best before date on them.
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

CANSO

Yesterday I got some inspiration and "frankensteined" ;D a profile of a possible Italian a/c for the Group build- Fiat G.50-quattro.
Used only in the last days of the BOB, it remained in Belgium until January 1941, when the last "Quattros" were sent back to Italy and subsequently to Cyrenaica. An interesting detail is the pilot's personal emblem - Principessa Leiana, a character from the famous Italian legend "Guerra nelle stele".  ;)

Hotte

Quote from: CANSO on September 13, 2015, 12:37:38 PM
Yesterday I got some inspiration and "frankensteined" ;D a profile of a possible Italian a/c for the Group build- Fiat G.50-quattro.
Used only in the last days of the BOB, it remained in Belgium until January 1941, when sent back to Italy and subsequently to Cyrenaica. An interesting detail is the pilot's personal emblem - Principessa Leiana, a character from the famous Italian legend "Guerra nelle stele".  ;)

But then a Macchi MC 200 quattro  :cheers:

Hotte

CANSO

Quote from: Hotte on September 13, 2015, 12:44:45 PMBut then a Macchi MC 200 quattro  :cheers:
Hotte
This was Macchi C.200-quattro ;D:

Both Quattros (Fiat and Macchi) had the same power plant, but the design of the a/cs was different. And no Macchi-s were used during the BoB! ;)

Hotte

The same Fiat engine but different Cowling  ;)

Hotte

CANSO

Quote from: Hotte on September 14, 2015, 12:49:55 AM
The same Fiat engine but different Cowling  ;)
Sorry, I don't quite understand your point :unsure:.
The Idea for a Fiat G.50-quattro (non existent) came from the Fiat G.50-ter (a real life project) and this drawing:

FIAT G.50-TER

Hotte