Here's some I built earlier.....

Started by kitbasher, August 31, 2015, 01:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Ooh that's good Mossie.  I had to look twice.

Loupgarou - it was a discussion somewhere here about Airacobra doors (and whether the slipstream would hold them closed and prevent the pilot from escaping) that fired the neurons that resulted in the Car Door Hurricane.  I hinged the doors at the back specifically because I could think of no situation where the pilot would want to open the door in flight other than to bale out ("Goodness me, there's a cat out there on the wing.  I'll just pop out and give it a bowl of milk...") and so it didn't matter if the wind ripped them off.
What I did with the paintjob was much more subtle...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

Nice one. Sure changes the look of it !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Hotte

Quote from: Mossie on September 04, 2015, 03:09:24 PM
Built, but not finished. :-\

Spitfire Mk.I with inverted Merlin (not a DB or Jumo engine).  There were plans early on to build the PV.12 as an inverted V but the format was dropped after discussions with manufacturers.

Looks like a Heinkel  :thumbsup:

Hotte

Mossie

Hadn't thought about that, it does kind of look like a He-100.  Blue-on-blues likely if both had been in service.

I've tried as much as possible to avoid it looking like a German type, although it's basically impossible!  I stepped on the canopy and considered using the early flat canopy in the kit, but figured it would look too much like a '109.  Fortunately Narses furnished me with a spare.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

RAFF-35

The inverted engine would've been very beneficial as I'm guessing that it would've over come the issues around not being able to see if you're going to roll the spit into a bomb crater while taxiing and stuff ;D
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

tc2324

I really like this.

Sure the front bit looks a tad `german`, but the rest of it screams British in my eyes.  :thumbsup:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Captain Canada

I thought it looked different, but now that you guys have mentioned the Heinkel I can't see it as anything but German ! It would be neat to paint 2 of them, one standard RAF and one Luftwaffe !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Cheers guys.  I did think of displaying it against a Merlin engined Spit and Brengun's DB605 powered Spitfire to show the difference but abandoned the idea when it stalled.

The Rat

Quote from: kitbasher on August 31, 2015, 01:16:06 PM
Blackburn Skua III:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: AAAAAAARRRRRGGGHH!!! I just started one of those!

Back to the drawing board.

Looks good.  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Rick Lowe

Quote from: The Rat on September 15, 2015, 03:48:57 PM
Blackburn Skua III:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: AAAAAAARRRRRGGGHH!!! I just started one of those!

Why? There's nothing to stop you doing one of your own - ok, maybe not for the GB, but if you want one anyway, I say go for it!
There again, you could do one for the GB with a load of RPs maybe?? Or a big Radar bulge and a couple of Depth Charges?

Cheers

The Rat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 15, 2015, 09:40:23 PM
There again, you could do one for the GB with a load of RPs maybe??

Exactly what I had in mind! Some of the rails from the Beaufighter kit were a little short-shot, but I trimmed them all back to the same length last night.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Sounds good Rat. Might as well finish her !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rick Lowe

Yeah, go for it! Be a shame to waste all that work.

Cheers

kitbasher

Quote from: The Rat on September 15, 2015, 03:48:57 PM
Blackburn Skua III:

Do your own version - or a single seat fighter Skua!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter