Hawker Siddeley Trident Tanker

Started by Knightflyer, September 01, 2015, 03:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knightflyer

Hi All

So 13 days to go, and two projects on the go. One should make it (this one) hopefully, the other possibly so

As some-one (who's now not allowed to be referred to) once said ......can you tell what it is yet?!  :unsure: :unsure: (i could say it was blurred deliberately to make it harder, but it's just my dodgy photography skills!  :smiley: )

Oh to be whiffing again :-(

eatthis

custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

Knightflyer

Quote from: eatthis on September 01, 2015, 04:10:18 AM
bucaneer?

I can see why you think that ....but no  ;D ;D  BIGGER BIGGER!

Gondor

Looks like a kitbash of a KC10 with a something like a Tristar, certainly an airliner of some sort.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Knightflyer

Quote from: Gondor on September 01, 2015, 04:28:34 AM
Looks like a kitbash of a KC10 with a something like a Tristar, certainly an airliner of some sort.

Gondor

Definitely warmer , but smaller, smaller !  ;D

Gondor

Quote from: Knightflyer on September 01, 2015, 04:31:48 AM
Quote from: Gondor on September 01, 2015, 04:28:34 AM

Gondor

Definitely warmer , but smaller, smaller !  ;D

BAC 1-11? Not a Caravelle unless you have changed the fin. Or is it a Biz Jet?

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Captain Canada

1-11 turned into a refueller !

:drink: :party: :bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Hawker Siddeley Trident turned into a Tanker?

Gondor

Knightflyer

The refueller bit is right, but not the plane. Gondor was 'sort-of' heading in the right-ish direction with the Tristar / DC-10 (but not size-wise)

That's it Gondor ...... another in my 'Sudan Crisis' universe  :smiley:

Captain Canada

Trident. I guess that's why it has an intake in front and an exhaust behind the tail !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

You can tell its Trident roots by the APU intake on top of the #2 engine's intake. And it has to be an ex-VC10 refuelling hose unit because it's the only 1/144 kit around that has one!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 01, 2015, 11:32:28 AM
You can tell its Trident roots by the APU intake on top of the #2 engine's intake. And it has to be an ex-VC10 refuelling hose unit because it's the only 1/144 kit around that has one!

And it had to come from PR19_Kit because he has more chopped up VC-10s than there were chopped up Nimrod MR4's  ;)

Captain Canada

lol Good one ! I've got an old VC.10 that was in the half built pile, thrown together and painted overall grey, and then decaled and left to languish. One of these days I'll resurrect her !

:blink:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

JayBee

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 01, 2015, 11:32:28 AM

Well it is clearly a Trident (Ah! DeHavilland) but I do think the refueling hose unit right under the exhaust of No. 2 engine is just a wee bit dangerous.
My Trident K1 (twelve years now and still not finished) is only planned to have underwing refueling units.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Knightflyer

Quote from: JayBee on September 01, 2015, 01:35:01 PM

Well it is clearly a Trident (Ah! DeHavilland) but I do think the refueling hose unit right under the exhaust of No. 2 engine is just a wee bit dangerous.
My Trident K1 (twelve years now and still not finished) is only planned to have underwing refueling units.

You're quite right JayBee, and it's something I considered, my only counter-thoughts are that the amount of droop (drop? sag?) in the hose keeps it clear. I know the Tristar was a much bigger aircraft, but what was the clearance there?

Also...while you mentioned it ....underwing refuelling points ....how far apart should they be?