TSR......, Two

Started by tc2324, September 01, 2015, 02:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tc2324

Tonight I tried various ideas on how to create the afterburner ring effect and this was the best of the lot........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vBPnGDLKlI&feature=youtu.be

It`s simply a case of cutting the tube into segments and then sticking them back together. The fractures seem to trap the light and do give you a `ring` effect but does it look better than the previous video with the uncut sections?

Over to you......
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Rick Lowe

So, if that's the case, would you need it to flicker?
Could it work as well with a constant white light?

Cheers

tc2324

Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 06, 2015, 01:34:36 PM
So, if that's the case, would you need it to flicker?
Could it work as well with a constant white light?

Cheers

I think the flicker adds a little animation to it and makes it look a little less boring. But that`s just my opinion.

Tiger, Tiger!

Rick Lowe

Fair enough - and it IS your model, when all's said and done.  :thumbsup: ;D

zenrat

Flicker - good
Rings - good
Rings + Flicker - better

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

trickyrich

I have been following this one from the start and I must say I just love the idea.

Alternate flickering lights would look the best if that is possible with the ones you have.

I keep getting the urge to drag out my TSR-2, my plans for this one involve a Tornado front end! Sort of take the original TSR-2 design into the 90's. Just need to get other projects out of the way, in the meantime I'll just have to follow yours.

btw, I can fit ok in an F-15 cockpit even at 6'2" plus can fit normally and upside down quite happily (well not so much upside down) in an F-111, ex-instrument fitter!

eatthis

Quote from: trickyrich on October 09, 2015, 02:15:44 PM
I have been following this one from the start and I must say I just love the idea.

Alternate flickering lights would look the best if that is possible with the ones you have.

I keep getting the urge to drag out my TSR-2, my plans for this one involve a Tornado front end! Sort of take the original TSR-2 design into the 90's. Just need to get other projects out of the way, in the meantime I'll just have to follow yours.

btw, I can fit ok in an F-15 cockpit even at 6'2" plus can fit normally and upside down quite happily (well not so much upside down) in an F-111, ex-instrument fitter!

i can confirm that an f4 phantom front end fits very nicely on a tsr2 fuselage ;)
custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

tc2324

Thanks chaps..  :thumbsup:

With the wife and kids gone for the day and plenty of time to myself, it was time to crack on with the primary spraying of the TSR.

Cue Hamlets music....., (for those old enough to remember the advert...)

Nothing like getting half way through a spray job only to realise demand outweighs supply.....   :banghead:

Tiger, Tiger!

Captain Canada

Looks good ! Too bad you ran out looks like you were on a roll

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Looks very good indeed!! Can't wait to see this finished! :thumbsup:
I agree with both the rings and the flicker too...  ;)

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

tc2324

With one thing or another getting in the way, at last, some progress on this.

Principal spray work is now complete and just leaving it for 24 hours before adding the light grey undersides.

More soon.

Tiger, Tiger!

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

KiwiZac

Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

tc2324

Time for a reality check.

My plan for the electronic afterburner effect has been, if the pardon the pun, canned.

When I was dry fitting it all together the rear exhaust area seemed, with a little bit of jiggery pokery, reasonably easy to pull out and down to be removed. This enabled you to turn the lighting on or change the battery.

Now once I glued the tail planes in place do you think I could remove or fit the exhaust area? Of course not. Obviously when it was dry fitted it probably had a little bit of `give` which led me to think it was easier than it actually is.

So in conclusion the lights are out and this will be displayed `as is`. The lights will no doubt come in useful with a later build where access is less problematic.

At the glossing stage now with decals going on tonight.

Tiger, Tiger!

zenrat

Shame.
But that paintjob is fabulous.  Are you using faded anti flash type markings?  I think they'd look great on that paler than "usual" paint.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..