Hasegawa Bf 109G-10 finished (caution RW)

Started by matrixone, September 01, 2015, 05:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

This model was supposed to have been finished earlier than this but my cat became quite ill and died a few days later, this took a bit of mojo out of me and all but stopped me from building any models for a short time. It was tough to even get these pictures taken since my cat was pretty much my photography assistant and I felt lost without him.

Matrixone

PACOPEPE

FANTASTIC!; once again. :bow: Your models (and pics) are a real pleasure.

Wilde Sau?. Is it a nächt jäger?.

All the best
Fran

zenrat

I feel for the loss of your friend.

Damn fine model.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Allan

so sorry to hear about your cat, Matrixone.....why not get another one for the companionship?

tc2324

Sorry to hear about your cat.

The 109 is, as always, a great bit of modelling.  :thumbsup:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

DogfighterZen

Another excellent build, great job.  :thumbsup:
Sorry about the cat, always hard to lose a friend.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Old Wombat

Losing pets is hard & they can never be "replaced" but, sometimes, another animal will become your new friend! :(

Great build, mate! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Sorry about the cat. Once a little time has passed why don't you let a rescued one adopt you ? We adopt dogs, cats adopt us  :rolleyes:

That really is a gorgeous looking aircraft. I just love the colours of the Defence of the Reich band
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

I know this is a modeling forum but I have to say something about the cat. First of all I have had several cats before the one that recently died and am familiar with the pain when they pass away and had sworn off ever getting another pet for that reason.
When I had first seen this cat that just passed away it was a little over two years ago, he was in my carport taking shelter from the rainy weather and if I made eye contact with it the poor thing would scatter. Over a period of weeks I was able gain its trust and he would come up to me and eventually allow me to pet him. After seeing the cat up close I could see was old and had a large wound on his left side and some teeth were broken, the wound looked like it was from an animal attack.
Eventually this cat adopted me and I grew attached to it, even though he was not a house cat he had extremely good manners and was a quick learner, for example: I was outside setting up my photobase and getting ready to take pictures of a new model and the cat jumped up on the photobase to check it out, I froze and was afraid if I moved too quickly towards him he would damage the photobase or destroy the new model, a second later the cat made eye contact with me as if to ask 'is this alright?' I yelled CAT! in a stern voice and he scampered away without damaging anything...and he never did that again.
Other cats that I had in the past would NEVER learn what they could and could not do, with this latest cat it almost seemed as if we could read each others mind and I guess that's why it hurts as bad as it does. You just can't replace that kind of relationship. :-\

More pictures of the Bf 109G-10.

Now that this model is finished its back to some what-ifs...starting with a Junkers EF 128 and Horton Ho 229. ;)

Matrixone

DogfighterZen

That last pic is just perfect, really looks like an old color photograph... :bow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on September 02, 2015, 03:43:01 PM
That last pic is just perfect, really looks like an old color photograph... :bow:

Really does  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Gorgeous 109. Looks great in those colours. Sorry about the cat. I'm a cat person for sure. Awesome animals, especially one that takes a liking to you !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

matrixone

Thanks so much for the comments about the model and pictures! :thumbsup:

Captain Canada,
Normally I don't encourage cats to hang around in my carport but this cat was something special and I really miss him, especially when I would take pictures of the models or was trimming back some of the brush on my property, he just loved it when I was outside and would follow me around like a well trained dog being careful to not get in my way or stray too far away. Never had a cat like this one. :-\

Matrixone

Captain Canada

That's too bad. Maybe you should try getting an indoor or house cat. We sure love them and life wouldn't be the same without their love and constant distractions !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?