Vive la France - hopefully of interest

Started by Knightflyer, September 03, 2015, 09:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knightflyer

Last on this for tonight - I've got a Cormorant to stick bits on!  ;)

Here's the museum's own notes on the Broussard

Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Captain Canada

Great stuff and thanks for the insight as well Kit !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn Gilbertson

Knightflyer

The captions will be along later. Off to Cosford  ;D But here's the two mystery aircraft for you ...... :lol:

PR19_Kit

The bottom one looks like a Baroudeur, the top one rings bells somewhere........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

http://www.aviationmuseum.eu/World/Europe/France/Toulouse/Ailes_Anciennes_photo/SNCASO_Onera_Deltaviex_F-WBHA.htm

Described as a Sud-Ouest Delta VX.  Use the link under the pic. to get on to the museum's own web page..........and thank you for drawing my attention to this resource!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

I like the way they '....salvaged it from a landfill....'  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Some nice stuff there, thank you  :thumbsup:

As for the last 2 pics, French projects of the late 40's through 50's are very interesting and deserve a book. I think I heard Mr Butler is working on a book of European Secret Projects ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Knightflyer

These are the museums own notes on the two airframes

Having just got back from Cosford, isn't it a shame these aren't in a 'Testing Aircraft' hanger fully restored  :-\

PR19_Kit

An Espadon? I've got a resin model of that somewhere, it's big for a fighter!  :o

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 04, 2015, 10:38:30 AM
An Espadon? I've got a resin model of that somewhere, it's big for a fighter!  :o

So have I - early Czech Master ?

I'm assuming those info cards were also in French although that part of France had an English presence for a long time  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 05, 2015, 06:03:32 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 04, 2015, 10:38:30 AM

So have I - early Czech Master ?

Dead right, most of it all in one piece!  :o

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 05, 2015, 06:03:32 AM

I'm assuming those info cards were also in French although that part of France had an English presence for a long time  :rolleyes:

The English language info cards were all in a folder to be be handed out to the visitor as required. I think the same was true for French visitors as well, as the aircraft all had an identifying number by them rather than a plaque

My son and I tumbled out of the A380 tour half-an-hour before closing time at  Ailes Anciennes Toulouse, but the entrance info board stated that they'd stay open as long as they had somebody on site. I really enjoyed it (more than the 'proper' brand-spanking new 'experience' Aeroscopia next door, and we ended up spending far more in their slightly rundown tatty portacabin souvenier shop than we did in the Aeroscopia one  ;D

Knightflyer

So more pictures...In France we must have Mysteres and Mirages

But also MiGs  :unsure:

And some of those from over there....