Vive la France - hopefully of interest

Started by Knightflyer, September 03, 2015, 09:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knightflyer

The family vacation this year was two weeks in a gite in France

My son (the civil aviation buff) booked him and myself onto the Airbus factory tour and the A380 tour, both of which were good (but no photography allowed  :angry:)

However next to Toulouse Blagnac Airport there is the Aeroscopia Museum which was interesting and tucked away next to that the (to my mind at least) much more interesting Ailes Anciennes Toulouse

How did this one get out here!  ;)

I'll post others if people are interested ....including a couple of very unusual ones
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

The Rat

If we're interested? IF WE'RE INTERESTED?! YES!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

sandiego89

Thanks for sharing, looks like a great place. 

Is the me/bf-109 in natural metal for political correctness? 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Knightflyer

Quote from: sandiego89 on September 03, 2015, 10:09:59 AM
Is the me/bf-109 in natural metal for political correctness? 

Can't find the guide-book I bought at the moment, but I think it was possibly a restoration project?  :unsure:

Rick Lowe

Have to say, the 109 looks good in NMF.

Great pics, thanks for sharing... "Please, Sir, can we have some more?"

Cheers

perttime

What 109 is it? G2, or a rebuild from a Buchon?

I always liked the look of Caravelle and Super Caravelle airliners  :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

Wow ! What the heck is that first thing ? Looks like an awesome museum....they have everything and lots of rare/ unusual stuff ! Look forward to seeing more....with some names/ captions ?

:wub: :cheers:

Thanks for sharing !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rick Lowe

Meant to ask, what is the twin-tailed Beaver-looking thing?

Cheers

jcf

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 03, 2015, 12:07:42 PM
Meant to ask, what is the twin-tailed Beaver-looking thing?

Cheers

That's a Max Holste Broussard, if I've spelt it right. I expect Tophe or ericr will correct me if not.

What a SUPER Museum, I've been at Airbus Toulouse for work and never knew the museum was there!  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

And yes, what IS that Airbus 'kit' in the first pic please? It looks like the bare bones of an A330-500 or something similar.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

So, Airbus are restarting production of the Me 109 ?  ;D

Interesting museum, I'll have to get to Toulouse one day.

Knightflyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 03, 2015, 12:14:53 PM

And yes, what IS that Airbus 'kit' in the first pic please? It looks like the bare bones of an A330-500 or something similar.

I had to go and check online (good old internet!) It's a static test airframe for the A350 (MSN5000) but from a brief perusal of t'internet there's not much of it left due to 'PAMELA' "Process for Advanced Management of End-of-Life Aircraft" which I think is all to do with environmental recycling ot the bits  :unsure:

I'll put captions to the first lot of photos when I add the next batch  ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Knightflyer on September 03, 2015, 12:57:42 PM
It's a static test airframe for the A350 (MSN5000)

Aggggh,  how STUPID of me!  :wacko:

Of course it is, the red brackets on top of the fuselage and along the wings etc are to attach the test actuators from the MTS Aero 90 test system we sold them in the late 90s! I was there to help install it!!!!  :banghead: :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: Hobbes on September 03, 2015, 12:57:18 PM
So, Airbus are restarting production of the Me 109 ?  ;D

Interesting museum, I'll have to get to Toulouse one day.

Cheaper alternative to the Rafale perhaps  ;)

It was a brilliant day out
Part One was a tour of the airbus site - ie a coach tour around the airport but pointing out the various manufacturing facilities - my son took lots of photos, I'll have to see if I can 'borrow' some for the civil airliner buffs
Part Two was a trip into the A380 production facilities - NO PHOTOS - finished off by looking down into the hanger were 3 A380s were being completed
Part Three was the Aeroscopia Museum , this was opened earlier this year (I think) the centre-piece exhibits inside are a Concorde, Super Guppy and a A300B (with glass floor so you see the framework/wiring etc)
Part Four was Ailes Anciennes Toulouse - (which was the most interesting bit in my opinion) this was the original museum at Toulouse Airport and some of it's aircraft have been fully restored at now are in Aeroscopia, it has a  'boneyard' / 'scrapyard' feel about it, but as you can see it is brilliant!  ;D