Spitfire F.24 * * F I N I S H E D * *

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, September 07, 2015, 12:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Well, it's been a couple of years, so 'bout time I got a 'What If' build on to the (new) bench.

All I'm posting for now is the 'raw material', but there'll be some updates as and when. Not going to be any sort of 'speed build', I have four projects vying for my attention just now, although two of them are pretty much done.  A lot of new folks here since I last posted, so please feel free to ask any questions, make any comments and/or criticisms, I'm not precious about it, it really is just a hobby !!

So to pre-empt the more obvious questions:
* No I won't be doing a 'Swedish splinter pattern'.
* No it won't be Israeli.
* No I won't be cross-kitting with the Seafire 47, although I was seriously tempted to do that  :blink:
* Yes it will be OoB

Stand-by then for the first in-progress pics probably tomorrow evening my time (I'm in New Zealand so I'm 12hrs ahead of GMT).

AFN

Ian.
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

PR19_Kit

Good heavens, he's back!  :thumbsup:

One can only assume all the Kiwis have now been herded, so we'll be looking forward to a new batch of exemplary Whiffs.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Ian !

Welcome back my friend ! Glad to see you, and to see you're doing another whif. Welcome back !

:wub: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Welcome back Ian - always like to see your stuff!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Ian the Kiwi Herder

:cheers:
Thank you gentlemen, sincerely. Never been away from the hobby, just been busy with 'real world' builds (yes for two years). Stand-by progress will be forthcoming.

Ian.

Confuscious (maybe)

Captain Canada

Hopefully you built a few Sea Kings during this RW tenure of yours  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Sorry Toad, no Sea Kings - but I'm planning on building the Sea Knight that's been hanging around the stash for a while, and also buying a Wessex sometime soon, both SAR birds, naturally  :thumbsup:

Ian.

Confuscious (maybe)

Captain Canada

Excellent news. I'd love to see those ! I'm sure nobody would mind if you shared your RW stuff here, it is most excellent ! Maybe start a blog so we can keep track of you ?

:thumbsup:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Hmmm, not sure about posting RW builds here, bud. I vividly recall folks getting very upset in the past and I don't believe anyone needs that particular can of worms opening again.

I can show you a few on FB if you want. Sorry no update pics this evening, real life got in the way of model fettling today.

Ian.

Confuscious (maybe)

perttime

A late type Spitfire whif cannot be bad...

Some do post RW builds here, with warnings about the content so that people don't start looking for what is whiffy about them. I think outstanding build and photography helps.

Steel Penguin

Glad to see you back Ian,  ill add to the blog and builds request, we are better than those who look down on us!!  We should not decry good modelling, whether Wiff  or RW,  we can certainly learn from anything. Be it in construction, painting, background research, or just enjoying a job well done.

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Captain Canada

I don't recall anybody getting upset about RW builds ? I believe you, I just don't recall it. Besides, some folk post RW stuff all the time. And if it was in your blog it would be only the people who are into your work that would look anyway. I have seen ( and drooled ) over your work on FB as well. Think I might go over there and have a gander right now !

PS-I posted that Sea King pic as inspiration.....now that you're back I think it's near time to have a Sea Thing build. Especially once the new Airfix HC.4 kit comes out !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ian the Kiwi Herder

OK, I'll post a couple separately with appropriate warnings.

In the meantime because my boss is still in the UK on leave, I have a very light day and can get some serious bench-time, (also spring has arrived right on queue, so conditions in the man-cave are really good), modelling will happen today.

Ian.   

Confuscious (maybe)

Captain Canada

That is so cool Ian. Really glad you're back ! look forward to seeing what you do with your Spit. I'm sure it'll be spot on as usual !

Cheers

PS-funny how the two worlds differ....it's almost fall, which for us means 'indoors' and therefore more modelling ! Too bloody cold and miserable out to do much else lol.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

KiwiZac

I'm hoping to go for a visit with Ian on Saturday as he's less than an hour's drive away - fiancee says it's a playdate - so hopefully I can get some exclusive gen on the Spit build!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates