Spitfire F.24 * * F I N I S H E D * *

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, September 07, 2015, 12:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

...and we're done.

So there you go, nothing difficult, just an OoB model painted differently. But what this project has done, is renewed my taste for 'What-Iffing' and I don't think it will be too long before another (and considerably larger) 'Paints Kits Differently' project pushes its' way to the top of the pile.   As ever folks, thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment.

All questions, comments and criticism welcome.

AFN

Ian. 
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

comrade harps

Whatever.

eatthis

custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Rick Lowe

That rocks!

Nice finish and something different for a Spitfire.  :thumbsup:

What's next?

Cheers

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: comrade harps on October 03, 2015, 12:26:37 AM
Love that green trim!  :wub:

Me too. Really makes a change and the Spif stand out from "normal" NMF machines. The finish is great, too!  :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

That's just gorgeous! :wub: I think the NMF on the Spit looks good indeed but the color combination of the green trim with the roundels and fin flash really makes it stand out. Great work! :thumbsup:

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Is it ever. Nice one Ian ! Love the way this one looks in silver, really brings out the lines of her. And the accent colours really set it off. Of course, your superb modelling skills always help !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Come out really well Ian and like others I feel the green trim makes her stand out  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

To echo what the others have said, 'Green is Great'.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

perttime

First, I had some doubts when I saw the green in the tail - but it works!

:bow:

FAR148