Ban Dai Gundam 6 week challenge

Started by Ed S, September 08, 2015, 07:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed S

It's time for our local club Fall Challenge. To support our LHS, we each buy a kit during our 1st Saturday of September meeting and complete it for our 3rd Wednesday meeting in October. While wandering around the shop, I found this on the clearance shelf. It looks like a neat little kit for less than $20. Of course, I just can't build this Out Of The Box, so I'm working on ideas on how to modify it into something different.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

kerick

What scale is it? I can't tell from the box pic. Is it possible to do a MaK crossover? Or perhaps steam punk it!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Add spider legs? Or German WWII markings. Or a large cushion, so that you create a less spectacular hoovercraft? Or everything together?
I remember that when the kit came out it was featured in the Hobby Japan magazine, built by two or three modelers, slightly modified and put onto a diorama base.

Ed S

It's been a rather crazy couple months. But I did find time to finish this up on time. Didn't do a good job of updates however.

I don't really understand this whole resurrection of the Wehrmacht at some point in the future. But I have to admit I know almost nothing about Gundam and the universe it operates in.

Anyway, I figure the one thing that happens with every form of transportation that get developed is that somewhere along the line someone decides to race it. So I made this a racer. I left off the armament and added some engine pods on the aft lift fan cover. Found some automotive colors on the paint rack and some old stock car decals in the spares box.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Now I know now't about the genre at all, but I can recognise a future star of Disney/Pixar films when I see one  ;D :thumbsup: Great build

For those Brit's old enough - Cadbury's Smash anybody ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

looking good, it really stands out, compared to the greenness of the box.

and Narses  yes " with there little knifes, hahahahahhah! "
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Steel Penguin on October 24, 2015, 01:56:20 AM

and Narses  yes " with there little knifes, hahahahahhah! "

Hehehe, I KNEW that reminded me of something, and you both got it dead on.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Very nice ! That's one way to shake up a kit that is ( probably ) mostly built OOB !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?