Uncle Joe's Gift

Started by Librarian, September 13, 2015, 02:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

I wasn't too sure whether I was going to join in on this one but then I watched Billy Bragg singing at a certain rally and thought of a Bolshevic gift to the UK, in time for the B of B. Ordered a couple of kits but I'll probably choose one for a specific task, possibly with Tinlegs as the pilot.

Always remember my Grandpa singing "The working class can kiss my *ss, I've got the foreman's job at last"....didn't understand it then but now I do ;D.

eatthis

custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

Librarian

Just read this myself....unless you're a rock musician or writer never post under the influence of strong pharmaceuticals. Got given something by the doctor to help with nocturnal hallucinations and the result is  :banghead:.

On a more intelligent note the idea is that the 'British Purchasing Commission' manages to wangle some equipment out of the Soviet stable and these are available for combat duties as the B of B kicks off. Thought it might be fun to see aircraft from the Near East participating, especially as they came up with some very task specific aircraft.

zenrat

Oooh, ooohhh, oohh, say its an RAF Sturmovik...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Librarian

I was seriously considering IL-2s on anti-barge/E-Boot operations but the kits are so very expensive, out of my reach at present....unless I do a single-seater. I was leaning towards I-16s and Mig-3s but maybe....December is still a few months away.

PR19_Kit

Don't KP do a rather basic IL-10 that's almost the same thing? If you're going to change the engine it won't make much difference visually.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

dadlamassu

Not sure about the gift - USSR was still (nominally at least) in a non aggression pact with Germany.  Maybe the route was a bit less obvious with the I-16s and early MiGs etc getting to the UK following the fall of Belgium and the Netherlands?  Some ex-Norwegian I-15s and I-16s might make it to Shetland (do they have the range?)  Still in RAF colours but with the small nationality markings.

Captain Canada

Sorry to hear about your medication woes....but that is some pretty funny stuff !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: dadlamassu on September 14, 2015, 10:24:26 AM
Not sure about the gift - USSR was still (nominally at least) in a non aggression pact with Germany.

But this is Whiffworld and perhaps the non-aggression pact DIDN'T happen............?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

dadlamassu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 14, 2015, 02:26:09 PM
But this is Whiffworld and perhaps the non-aggression pact DIDN'T happen............?

Of course.  I was proposing an interestingly different route for the planes to arrive and adding yet more variations in colour and markings. 

USSR to Belgium/Netherlands/Norway to RAF not that they would not get to UK just a different route.

zenrat

Nazi Germany & The Soviet Union supplied different sides in the Spanish Civii War but I suppose neither had actually declared war on Spain.

I'd love a Tamiya 1/72 Il-2.  Maybe when my tax return comes in...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Don't forget that the UK supported Finland in 39/40 and if the Finn's had not agreed a cease fire/peace treaty would have actually provided some air support to them. So we take on Germany and the Soviet Union at the same time ? that Mr Chamberlain deserved a medal  :blink:

Still as said it's wif world  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Librarian

Wasn't there a lend/lease route through Turkey or Iran into Russia? Maybe some aircraft from defecting pilots coming the other way?

How about a WWII North Africa/Middle East GB in the future ;D.

The Rat

Quote from: Librarian on September 14, 2015, 02:50:47 AMGot given something by the doctor to help with nocturnal hallucinations

To prevent them or cause them? The latter sounds like more fun!  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr