Chris's alternative Luftwaffe

Started by NARSES2, September 14, 2015, 07:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Don't do much Luftwaffe nowadays but for some reason all my thoughts for this build had black crosses ??

Anyway I will be attempting to get at least 2 of these done and maybe all 3. Won't be starting until the bench is cleared towards the end of the week/next week. So this pic is just to give the general idea. Probably start with the 187 as it's always fascinated me ever since I saw an artists impression in an old 1944/45 Observers Book of Aircraft I was given as a kid.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Not the MPM He 100 - got that one (exact same kit) the agenda, too!  ;)

PR19_Kit

Ahah, the Fw Falke.  :thumbsup:

I always liked the look of that one.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Great stuff Chris ! They all look intriguing, this is going to be good !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 14, 2015, 07:36:42 AM
Not the MPM He 100 - got that one (exact same kit) the agenda, too!  ;)

It's looking like the He 100 will be the third to get done, if it does. Anyway there is no way I can match your skill and imagination  :bow:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 14, 2015, 08:44:21 AM
Ahah, the Fw Falke.  :thumbsup:

I always liked the look of that one.

Yup and I never realised it was a twin seater until I looked at the instructions  :blink:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

RAFF-35

Just realised how similar the Blohm and Voss looks to the supermarine 224 :) they're some great kits, really can't wait to see these completed  :wub:
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

jcf

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 15, 2015, 06:20:47 AM

Yup and I never realised it was a twin seater until I looked at the instructions  :blink:

True of the three V3 based A-0 series aircraft, and the the V4, V5 and V6.
The V1 and V2 were single-seaters built to Tank's original concept.

rickshaw

The single-seaters were true fighters, the twin-seaters were forced on Tank by the RLM and more fitted the "Zerstorer" concept.  The single-seaters were much better performers than the twin-seaters.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

RAFF-35

Also, where did you get those kits?? Theyre so well priced compared to what I've found on the interweb

NARSES2

Quote from: RAFF-35 on September 19, 2015, 12:39:09 AM
Also, where did you get those kits?? Theyre so well priced compared to what I've found on the interweb

They've been in the stash for ages, good few years or so. The 187 and the 137 would have been bought when they came out so maybe you can judge kit inflation from them

Captain Canada

I've got a few old kits that my Grandfather bought while he was in the AirDiv at Baden in the 60s, I'll have to post a pic or two, .25 cents !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

RAFF-35

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 21, 2015, 06:36:21 AM

They've been in the stash for ages, good few years or so. The 187 and the 137 would have been bought when they came out so maybe you can judge kit inflation from them

Damn it!!  ;) was hoping you found a special dealer of unusual models or something  ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: RAFF-35 on September 21, 2015, 11:04:59 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on September 21, 2015, 06:36:21 AM

Damn it!!  ;) was hoping you found a special dealer of unusual models or something  ;D

I wish  ;D

Librarian

That B&V 137 is gorgeous, never seen it before. I'm very attracted to aircraft like that (Curtiss Shrike etc)...not biplanes but only just monoplanes. Some years ago I missed Rest Models 1/48 Heinkel 112V6 and now its non-existent :banghead:. Anyone got one....I'll pay any reasonable quote ;D.

NARSES2

Yup I like that late 30's style as well  :thumbsup: