Chris's alternative Luftwaffe

Started by NARSES2, September 14, 2015, 07:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

Still admiring the Ha137 and looking forward to completion. Starting to wonder what an F4U would look like if i sanded down the fuselage mating sections, thinning the fuselage width, then adding an inline. With spats :wub:.

NARSES2

Quote from: Librarian on November 30, 2015, 01:24:48 AM
Starting to wonder what an F4U would look like if i sanded down the fuselage mating sections, thinning the fuselage width, then adding an inline. With spats :wub:.

It would probably look a bit like the 137's developed younger brother  ;D

I've another Olimp 137 kit in the stash -the V2 - and am thinking Italian for that. My Planet kit was Condor Legion. If I get another one of these then I will move the radiator forward to under the chin, then she can carry a large bomb on the centre line. The spats could of course be altered to carry 37mm's ?  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Still admiring the Ha137 and looking forward to completion. Starting to wonder what an F4U would look like if i sanded down the fuselage mating sections, thinning the fuselage width, then adding an inline. With spats :wub:.

Easier to start with a Corsair wing mated to a D520 fuselage.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Librarian

....but I've got an IL-2 nose section handy ;D. We gonna need a bigger plane.....

kitbasher

A bit of inspiration for the cranked wings/spats combo?

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,17867.msg266664.html#msg266664
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Painting is progressing. Just got the masking done for the second colour of the splinter. I really don't like masking splinter, I get confused  :blink:, obviously my age. Plus when painting a 70/71 splinter I get even more confused  :banghead: Still getting there, hopefully main painting finished tommorow
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Painting done, masking removed, touch ups completed.

However I doubt very much if I will get these 2 finished in time especially looking at my pre-Christmas diary. That and the fact I'm in my post Telford/pre Xmas mood plus I'm not enjoying the builds at the moment and am making stupid, childish errors  :banghead: My own fault, I need to walk away and relax a bit, rather than work under self inflicted pressure. Plus my dodgy eye needs me to be relaxed so I can concentrate on the builds rather than finishing them. Sounds daft but I know what I mean.

They will get finished in the near future but probably not by the deadline

Captain Canada

Defo a time of year to relax Chris ! I know it's easier to say than do....

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Well the 100 and 137 are not going to get finished. They are nearly there but for various reasons, some seasonal, some not, they won't make it. They will get completed just after Christmas and I'll post the finished builds in the Current and Finished section

NARSES2