Started by zenrat, September 15, 2015, 02:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

KiwiZac

What a bizarre but cool concept! Bring on the new pics!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

zenrat

No pics today either.  I'll take one tomorrow.
Added some panelling today to cover some of the holes left by my construction methods.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

After taking this I glued another panel onto the nacelle.  This one to cover the hole you can see where the original wings were removed.  That was all I did as I have to clamp the panels so they take up the correct curvature and if I so much as breathe on the clamps they ping off across the shed (that's if they manage to miss my head).
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Captain Canada

She's looking good ! Great idea to start with and nice to finally see it really coming together. Now duck !

PING !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

KiwiZac

Jeez that's nice. Brilliant, Fred! Keep it up!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

zenrat

Thanks folks.
One did hit me in the head yesterday before ricocheting off somewhere in the direction of the lathe.  I have yet to find it.

Today, if I get time I will prop the UC legs under it to see how it sits regarding rear prop clearance.
Then there will be a break in building while The Boy is here for the weekend and I undertake Uncle duties (nerf wars, playstation, cartoons etc).
Fred

zenrat

Didn't get its legs on today but I did add a few more small bits of plastic to fill some gaps and glue one end of the panel which will curve over the top of the nacelle to hide the dip where the front & rear halves join.  I could just smear a big dollop of filler on here but this method gives me nice straight panel gaps avoiding having to mess around trying to scribe them straight later on.
I need to come up with a scoop for the intake of the rear engine and think about radiators as what I assume are the rads on the 109 (under the wings?) are much smaller than what I assume are the rads on the 110 (also under the wings  - outboard of the engines).
Maybe keep the 109 radiators and graft one from the 110 onto the centre wing section?  But that would mean coolant running from the nacelle through the centre section, under the crew and then out the left wing.  An additional vulnerability.

Fred

zenrat

Bf 109 undercarriage legs are too short.  I have lengthened them, enlarged the cutouts in the lower wings moving the leg pivots (hips?) inboard and will position the legs vertically instead of canted outwards.  I can do this because unlike Willi Messerschmitt I have designed the aircraft so the wheels are a sensible distance apart*.This will give me more ground clearance and hopefully mean I can avoid cutting down the props.
I have also cut and reangled the blades of what will be the back prop.
And, i've got the tail on.

*Yes, I know why he made it that way and hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on September 27, 2015, 02:08:55 AM

*Yes, I know why he made it that way and hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Hindsight's the World's ONLY exact science of course............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Can you get a degree in Hindsight?
Bachelor of Hindsight - B.Hind... ;D

Not much time today as I was shovelling sand off the driveway and wrangling electricians.  But I did manage to glue a tiny but very significant (it will form the foundation of the undercarriage leg) piece of plastic into the gap at the left wing root.
Fred

Captain Canada

Quote from: zenrat on September 28, 2015, 04:01:10 AM

lol ! That's hilarious !

;D
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

I'm not sure, but almost anyone who takes the exam is BOUND to pass, won't they?  ;D :lol:

I'll talk to the Open University about it.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 28, 2015, 05:07:48 AM

I'm not sure, but almost anyone who takes the exam is BOUND to pass, won't they?  ;D :lol:

I'll talk to the Open University about it.  ;)

Imagine if you took one based on Equine Studies...   :blink:;D ;D

Leaving you with that thought...
Cheers

Rick Lowe

How long are the u/c legs going to have to be, in order to have the rear prop clear the deck?
Would it work to have a slightly longer tailwheel leg (like the Fw-190 Torpedo carrier, but retracting) as an almost-but-not-quite reverse tricycle u/c?

Cheers