Messerschmitt Bf 110 Sternschnuppe

Started by zenrat, September 15, 2015, 02:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

See, it's getting to you. You just HAD to post the RLM nos.  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

lol

Looks good ! I'm really liking this one.

:cheers: :wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Ah, but am I telling you the truth about the numbers?
I'm doing a step by step explanation as The Captain asked for one.  Just bear in mind it's the first time i've painted a german WW2 mottle job and i'm making it up as I go.

So, today more masking in an exceptionally neat manner.

Followed by airbrushed drunkegrun (71 - the colour you go at oktoberfest after the 5th litre stein of lager).

Then I pulled off all the masking but that over the yellow and mottled on more dark green (71) and grey (02) with the airbrush.  This was better than the attempt on the Folgore but I still wasn't happy with it and stippled on more paint with the sha**ed out old brush I used for weathering.  This looked much better so I may go straight to this technique next time.

And finally I removed the masking over the yellow.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Allan

very nice indeed and it's strange that sometimes you can achieve better mottling with a clapped out brush than and airbrush...

Captain Canada

Very nice. She's really coming along now ! Glad to hear the paint brush worked....I need to try that as well.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

I've cut the top 1/3 of the bristles off (a glue related mishap) and use scrubbing on various weathering stuffs onto 1/25 cars has spread whats left into a tulip shape.  So it's an ideal brush for stippling on mottle.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Ai Carumba!  She has el decalales!

I used the decals left over from the Tamiya Bf 109E3 set I used on the MC202.

Fred

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I took a quick look at that last pic and thought 'Why did he put that extra tri-angular fin on the port tailplane and why is it at such a sharp angle to the airflow?'......

Then I took a slower look and realised it wasn't a fin at all, it was part of the splinter camo!  :banghead: :banghead:

It's looking VERY good Fred, super job.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Thanks blokes.
Camo is doing its job there I suppose Kit.

No pics today but I have schemed up the prop mountings and the undercarriage.   With the minimum amount of trimming to the props it'll only need a moderately long tail wheel leg rather than the stupidly long one I was worried I was going to have to build.
I've also cut down the Revell canopy to fit but am wondering whether to graft on a turret.

Fred

Allan

great modelling!
and PR, I thought the same thing about the fin!

Tophe

Wonderful asymmetric plane! Belated congratulations! :wub: :thumbsup: :bow: ;D :lol:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

You're my muse on this one so you should really be congratulating yourself.
Fred

Captain Canada

Aye Carumba is right ! Looks great. Love that big tail too, really gives it a powerful look.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Not much modelling time today (airport run - The Niece and The Boy back from PNG) but I did manage to nip down and satin clear this.
Fred