Messerschmitt Bf 110 Sternschnuppe

Started by zenrat, September 15, 2015, 02:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercat

Yes we need Sdkfz 7 size kettenrad I mean the luftwaffe does .

zenrat

I was sanding doors & door frames prior to staining and replacing wheelbarrow inner tubes today but I did sneak in a trip to the spray table and undercoated the Sternschnuppe.

I have a Hasegawa Kettenkrad & Schwimwagen kit which I have started to put together but really could do with something bigger with a fuel bowser on it.
ICM do a number of 1/72 soviet fuel trucks which if painted in a non-specific scheme could be used with both BoB & Cold War GB builds.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

tigercat

http://shop.cooper-craft.co.uk/index.php?cPath=10

Check out coopercraft  one of their kits with some tweaking might work . Either the trailer or the Monarch tanker

Captain Canada

Cool. Love the idea of a wee dio. And thanks for the links.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on October 12, 2015, 02:52:40 AM
I was sanding doors & door frames prior to staining and replacing wheelbarrow inner tubes today but I did sneak in a trip to the spray table and undercoated the Sternschnuppe.

I have a Hasegawa Kettenkrad & Schwimwagen kit which I have started to put together but really could do with something bigger with a fuel bowser on it.
ICM do a number of 1/72 soviet fuel trucks which if painted in a non-specific scheme could be used with both BoB & Cold War GB builds.

And if you replaced the rear axles with a tracked unit, it would be more different - the units from the Airfix M3 Halftrack would probably be the easiest.

Cheers

zenrat

The Coopercraft stuff looked good but I like the look of the ICM tankers.  I think i'll get a couple of them.  Maybe.

I painted the yellow on the Sternschnuppe today.

Paintjob will be as per Gallands Bf109.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Dizzyfugu

KiwiZac

Nice! I'm really enjoying this build.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Thanks blokes.
I was going to mask it up and spray the underbelly blue today but I first had to cut a hole for the extending tail wheel and while I was doing this I decided it needed a second coat of yellow.  So I did that instead.
Fred

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 12, 2015, 10:21:08 AM
<...>

And if you replaced the rear axles with a tracked unit, it would be more different - the units from the Airfix M3 Halftrack would probably be the easiest.

Now there's a neat idea!  :thumbsup: Not just whiffing the main subject, but the surroundings, too.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Rick Lowe

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on October 15, 2015, 03:36:40 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 12, 2015, 10:21:08 AM
<...>

Now there's a neat idea!  :thumbsup: Not just whiffing the main subject, but the surroundings, too.

Yeah - if you're going to baffle them, go for broke!!  ;D

zenrat

Masked the yellow and sprayed the blue (65) today.
Fred

Captain Canada

Busy boy for sure ! Colour looks great. Going to be neat when you remove the masks.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

More masking and then sprayed grey/green (02).

Next step is even more masking followed by dark green (71) splinter pattern.

Fred