Tophe

Yes, the final result may be great! Thanks! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

tigercat

Rick Lowe

zenrat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on November 07, 2015, 02:32:15 AM
Arado 240.

Kinda sorta.  Less so with the canopy on though.

Despite what a great number of people out there on the interweb (and writing for model magazines) seem to believe, auto correct does not negate the requirement to proofread.
It is particularly irritating when you are deliberately using miss-spelled words or trying not to spell Americanly.

<later>

Opa Langbein has a crew and canopy frames.  Canopy just posed here for photos.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

tigercat

Tophe

Wonderful picture! :wub:
Will there be undercarriage doors addition then presented on a different background for final, or is it finished?

zenrat

Far from finished Tophe.
Doors are needed on all three legs plus some actuating rams on the front two.  I also need to arm Opa.  He has his wing guns already but needs six gun barrels sorted out in his nose plus something for the back seater to pop away with at pursuing enemies.

Then will come beauty photos on a plain background rather than on the detritus strewn mess that is my bench.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Tophe

zenrat

Getting close now.
Today I glued on the canopy, aerials, gun barrels, rear U/C doors and main U/C actuating rams.  I also painted the inside of the main gear doors.
Fred

Captain Canada

Love it. So tall and spindly like she's ready to jump off the tarmac !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

All done bar attaching the main U/C doors and rigging the aerial wire.
Fred

rickshaw

Does this aircraft come issued with a tall ladder for the crew to board with?  ;)  :o
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

No, they parachute into it from a Ju 52.

It's finished.

Fred

zenrat

Designed to get around the Bf 110's shortcomings using a maximum of existing components the Bf 110 C9 was named Sternschnuppe (Shooting Star) by Messerschmitt.

Combining two DB601 engines fore and aft in a common nacelle, Bf 109 wings and a shortened Bf110 C fuselage, the C9's unusually long main undercarriage -required to provide clearance for the rear propeller – led to it being nicknamed Opa Langbein (Long Legged Grandpa) by its crews.

Faster and more maneuverable than the conventional 110 the C9 was a good match for a single seat, single engined fighter particularly when the pilot adjusted his tactics to give the backseater an offensive role.

Armament consisted of four nose mounted 20mm cannon, two nose mounted 7.92mm machine guns, two wing mounted 7.92mm machine guns and two rear mounted 15mm cannon.

Unpopular with the staid RLM due to its unconventional design the asymmetric Bf 110 was only produced in very limited numbers and wasn't taken any further despite Messerschmitt producing a number of proposed developments including a version with a powered turret.

The model – Revell Bf 110 E fuselage & engines, scratchbuilt centre section, Tamiya Bf 109 E3 wings and Academy Ju 87G tail.  The acrylic paint is Mr Color (sic) RLM 65 blue undersides with Vallejo RLM 02 grey green and RLM 71 dark green topsides.  The yellow theatre markings are Vallejo RLM 04 yellow.  Decals are Tamiya Bf 109 E 3.
Fred

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.