DONE +++ 1:72 Heinkel He 100 D-2 of Luftwaffe II./JG 53

Started by Dizzyfugu, September 15, 2015, 05:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Definitively on the To-Do-list, based on the MPM kit with some minor mods, as far as I can tell from the sprues, and a "realistic" Luftwaffe livery of the BoB era.

Captain Canada

Nice ! That will be a welcome addition to the GB.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

This one's next. The MPM kit is, well, a "classic" short run kit with tons of flash and some rather clumsy parts (propeller, landing gear), so these will be replaced. I will also modify the retractable radiator bath, exchanging it with a conservative, fixed installation (hence the "D-2" designation). I guess the result will look rather Ki-61-ish.

Colors well be standard BoB, but with some colorful details - JG53 aircraft used to carry a vertical red stripe around the cowling, and with some yellow this should stand out well.

More to come soon.  :ph34r:

PACOPEPE

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 18, 2015, 01:55:29 AM
This one's next. The MPM kit is, well, a "classic" short run kit with tons of flash and some rather clumsy parts (propeller, landing gear), so these will be replaced. I will also modify the retractable radiator bath, exchanging it with a conservative, fixed installation (hence the "D-2" designation). I guess the result will look rather Ki-61-ish.

Colors well be standard BoB, but with some colorful details - JG53 aircraft used to carry a vertical red stripe around the cowling, and with some yellow this should stand out well.

More to come soon.  :ph34r:
Very interesting. It was an aircraft no much known. Do you´ve seen the dear Sequoiaranger He 100 whifie?. It´s  in the gallery ("He 113").

Dizzyfugu

Yep, saw that - exact the same kit that I am working on.  ;)
Beautiful aircraft, by the way, I will have to build one in Japanese colors in the future, too. And it's so tiny! It's a truly minimalistic design, tailored to ultimate performance.

Dizzyfugu

First steps - the interior. The kit is a bit strange because the buolding instructions indicate some resin parts for the cockpit sides - but these are not included? There's just a PE sheet with cockpit stuff and landing gear covers, so I added some styrene strips at the cockpit sides. Since the propeller is suppused to be bluntly glued onto the flat nose of the kit I added my standard styrene tube/iron wire attachment. Im also used a different seat that looks more like a bucket - IIRC it's from a HUMA Me 309.

1:72 Heinkel He 100 D-2; aircraft "Black 7" of 5. Gruppe, II./JG 53; France; July 1940 during the Battle of Britain (Whif/modified MPM kit) - WiP by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

1:72 Heinkel He 100 D-2; aircraft "Black 7" of 5. Gruppe, II./JG 53; France; July 1940 during the Battle of Britain (Whif/modified MPM kit) - WiP by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Not certain where the radiator comes from - maybe a Special Hobby Spitfire? Anyway, fits well in size and shape, and since I could not find a rear grill I stuffed some foamed plastic into the exhaust side.

Captain Canada

At this rate you'll have about 200 by the deadline !

:thumbsup:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Great work so far. It's rather tiny ! Foe some reason I thought they were larger aeroplanes.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

It's really small and sinewy. A Hurricane looks like a monster next to it, the P-40 too!

Dizzyfugu

More news from yesterday evening:

The propeller comes from an Italeri La-5, because the OOB part was just ugly. The whole landing gear comes from a Hobby Boss Bf 109, including the wheels. And after everthing was dry I recognized that I glued the vacu windscreen the wrong way around onto the fuselage... Well, I'll leave it that way.  :rolleyes:

NARSES2

Haven't even got mine out of the box yet and he's almost finished  ;D ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

LOL no kidding ! Amazing how fast these go....I can't even get off the couch lol

:cheers: :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 21, 2015, 06:50:15 AM
Haven't even got mine out of the box yet and he's almost finished  ;D ;D

And that's his SECOND one!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit