1/72 Ukrainian Sukhoi T-50

Started by sykotik, September 20, 2015, 05:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Indeed, those engines look very good, this is going to be a stunner! :thumbsup:

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

sykotik

thanks guys
Well, the painting is all but done. I am now waiting for it to finish drying, then I'll put it all together and then decal it (once they turn up that is)
I leave it to you to judge whether or not it's good but I'm pretty happy with how it's all come out and looks like I had in my head.

Well, that's it for now. The next update should be the finished item
thanks for looking
Sy

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

That is some very nice work ! Love the colour combo, and the paint on the engines. Going to be a real head turner this one !

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sykotik

thanks guys

It's getting closer to the finish now. Still waiting for my decals to arrive

I had to redo the engines up top as I just wasn't happy enough with them. I'm still not entirely thrilled with them but this plastic is so rough it's impossible to get a smooth finish. They look a bit better now

thanks for looking
Sy

Captain Canada

I like them better before, but that's just because I was a fan of the way you painted them. They look more realistic now tho, more 'burnt up' like an engine should ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

I wonder why they have so much of the engines stuck out in the breeze like that? They've got to be the mother of all IR targets when they're running.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

That's some very nice painting.
Like the scheme and the colours.

Cheers

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 30, 2015, 09:57:58 AM
I wonder why they have so much of the engines stuck out in the breeze like that? They've got to be the mother of all IR targets when they're running.

There would be coming out the back anyway wouldn't there?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

sykotik

thanks guys

Well, I'm calling it done:

And with the other splintered aircraft I have:

thanks for tuning in while this went together. I got a much better response here than in the GB it was entered into!
I'll be back again soon enough
Cheers  :cheers:
Si

NARSES2

That is very good and really goes well with the others  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on October 01, 2015, 03:48:50 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 30, 2015, 09:57:58 AM

There would be coming out the back anyway wouldn't there?

Yes, I agree, but that much hotness on the top & bottom would be more visible to IR sensors from directions other than from astern.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu