Db 601-engined He112 BACK ON!

Started by Weaver, September 22, 2015, 11:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Okay, well back to modelling, and we have a little progress. Engines cut off both airframes and it looks like they've swap without too much difficulty. Cockpit assembled and will be painted tomorrow.

I'm not sure whether to carve a trough in the side of the Macchi engine bay leading to the air intake (realistic) or leave the intake entirely external (easier).

I'm also going with the Macchi's high-mounted cowling guns instead of the side-mounted ones seen in the He 112B. As far as I can see from pics, the V10 didn't have any cowling guns, so their position is moot. However the V10 did dump the V9's top-mounted air intake for a side one, so it seems reasonable to suggest hte guns and the intake might have swappred places, plus if this is last-minute Bf 109 supplement, it would logical to use the same gun installation.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Well this isn't going to make it before the deadline for various reasons, so that's that.

However, they're having a clear-your-workbench GB over on BTS, so it might get finished in time fir that.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones