Free photo hosting sites

Started by JasonW, September 22, 2015, 06:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonW

Curious to hear the thoughts from any and all users of the various photo hosting sites. I know of Photobucket and flickr and have accounts with both that I'm learning to use.

What about Image Shack? I seem to hear that your free trial expires and then things get progressively more difficult with them in terms of continuing on free.

imgur? I tried using imgur but the blasted site keep slowing my computer down it seems. My initial reaction to imgur is that it is more for the social networking (Facebook etc.) types.

Any other good free photo hosting sites out there that would be helpful for posting simple build photo's?
It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.

- George Burns

sandiego89

I am happy with photobucket, free and pretty easy to use (if I can figure it out anyone can).  I can offer no comparisons as it is the only one I have used.   
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

RAFF-35

I've attempted to use other sites but Imageshack is the first I've had success with, although, as you've said, my free trial has run out and now I think I'm limited to using 200x280 or something microscopic like that  :-\
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

PR19_Kit

While I'm an Imageshack user, I've gone for their paid option.

It's not all that much IIRC, and it doesn't limit the number of pics you can upload. That's another, hidden, limit to the free option there......
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

I use a combination of Imgur, Deviantart, and Facebook to host my photos.

Quote from: JasonW on September 22, 2015, 06:33:02 PMimgur? I tried using imgur but the blasted site keep slowing my computer down it seems. My initial reaction to imgur is that it is more for the social networking (Facebook etc.) types.

I've never noticed any delays or lag on imgur, either on my home laptop (a high powered gaming machine) or my work laptop (not a high powered gaming machine)
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

I use Photobucket.
It was OK but lately more often than not it won't load my subfolders meaning that to access my pictures I have to search for them on goggle and get into the folder that way.
Irritating.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

I use Photobucket.  It's okay, not the most user friendly but reasonable enough.  I've got quite a lot of photos on there, they often increase the upper amount you're entitled to free so I've never come close to maxing out my account.

They occasionally change the layout and don't give you any info the changes so you might have to re-learn it when they do that, but I've usually coped okay.  If I was starting over again, I think I'd try and find another image host that was a bit more user friendly.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

loupgarou

I agree with Mossie about Photobucket little problems.
On the other hand, photos 6 years old are still there, while Imageshack has lost/deleted all "old" photos posted to (another) forum I frequent, and has ridiculous limits.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Captain Canada

Photobucket for me. One account was full so I opened another. Never thought of using FB. How do you link the image ? Off to look.....

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

scooter

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 23, 2015, 07:36:41 AM
Photobucket for me. One account was full so I opened another. Never thought of using FB. How do you link the image ? Off to look.....

:cheers:

Right-click the image, Copy URL paste in the forum with the img tags
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?