IPMS UK Scale ModelWorld 2015/ 07 and 08.11.2015

Started by The Chaos, September 22, 2015, 11:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Hobbes on November 13, 2015, 12:46:11 PM
I got the impression those Galactica ships were movie props?

IIRC only the largest one was 'rescued' from a movie site but had then been comprehensively upgraded. The rest had been built by the exhibitor.

He must have a BIG model room!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 13, 2015, 05:12:40 AM
Wow.....that RAF Mirage is gorgeous ! ...

Ahhh, so that's what it is.  I'm not good on "modern" jets and was trying to work out what they'd done to an F-106.
I do like anti-flash markings.  I must make some PDRV ones.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

It wasn't that crash hot looked at close up.  I thought it was quite rough.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 13, 2015, 04:36:44 PM
It wasn't that crash hot looked at close up.  I thought it was quite rough.

The Galactica?

If so, then yes I agree it was somewhat rough close up. I've seen a better studio scale Galactica, but that one was done exactly the way the movie shop did it with all the kitbashed parts researched and found, and it cost an absolute fortune for the reasons I've alread mentioned. The one at the show was still an impressive piece of work.

It's also worth pointing out that a lot of the real Battlestar Galactica ragtag fleet ships wern't that impressive close up either. The 'triple disc' job was literally three film cans thrown together in half a day. Later in the original series, when budgets were super-low, there was a ship that was literally an upside-down F-15 fuselage. Fantastic Plastic do a copy of it.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

overscan

Quote from: Hobbes on November 13, 2015, 12:46:11 PM
I got the impression those Galactica ships were movie props?

I heard someone say the Galactica was a movie prop, the rest weren't.
Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

zenrat

The sign is ambiguous.
Quote from: The Chaos on November 13, 2015, 02:51:36 AM

I'm not sure what "Movie Replica" means but the rest implies (in my way of thinking anyway) that the exhibitor scratchbuilt them.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

I meant the anti flash Mirage.  Really didn't like it and the build quality - or lack thereof - sealed the deal.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Librarian

Quote from: Dork the kit slayer on November 09, 2015, 03:48:45 AM

Anyone take a close-up of that Italian Ta-154 looking tail-sitter? I've been working on something similar.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Flyboy69

Quote from: kitbasher on November 09, 2015, 01:50:33 AM
Some pictures from the show:

Competition Class 33:

Ah, I see that someone have noticed my P-51 in the competition. :thumbsup: I had also the Ar-234 P5 in the competition. ;D

Cheers,

Arnold

Finally out of the closet!!!!!!!

McColm

Hi Guys,
What is the procedure to display your builds at the Record show?

NARSES2

Quote from: McColm on July 07, 2016, 01:33:49 PM
Hi Guys,
What is the procedure to display your builds at the Record show?

Not sure what you mean by "Record show" ?

McColm

Got predictable text in overdrive.
So how does one go about displaying their builds at the Telford show?

Steel Penguin

All ive had to do, is let Martin know in the Telford thread, and then turn up, normally theres a limit on the number any one person can show, as were limited on table space.   But its generally simples  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!